read about it here:
http://www.ikea.ca/webapp/wcs/stores...roductId=13765

In the city newspaper, every week they have some guy do a couple of game reviews. the reviews are OK, so i read them when I get bored. This week he mentioned something different. This chair. He said it didn't look comfy, but it was, and felt truly made for gaming.

The "chair' in my gaming room is long in the tooth. It was there when I beat Zillion, Power Strike, and Wonder Boy 3 back in the day. It's a recliner with cloth and naugahyde, and the arms are ripped to shit, and the back padding is starting to slide down the back's insides. Fact is, I needed a new main chair.

So I went to IKEA yesterday to check it out. I used to work at IKEA and know the drill. Skipped the showroom maze, and went straight to the warehouse. Found the rattan/wicker section, and there they were. A pallet of 20 left with only 3! I wonder if this article caused a run among gamers? I pulled it out and sat on it.

Oh yes. It rocks or reclines easily to however you want it. It gives back and neck support exactly (and only) where you need it. It's a bit low (about 2 inches lower than a reg chair), but I like that. My game room 27"'er is a floor standing Trinitron, so the bottom of the tube is only 8 inches off the ground. This chair lets me sit right in front with the picture tube at a pleasing viewing angle.

It's time to inaugarate a new era in gaming chairs. Behold, the Gullholmen!