Y-bot,

Once I get the cable working, I would be prefectly willing to do it if you supplied the roms to reprogram them along with all postage costs/materials up front.

However, there's two probelms with that. First, I haven't got my FDS to PC cable working yet. Second, These cables are not extremely difficult to make. I would very much encourge you to make your own cables, as your disks are just going to die again anyway, eventually. In fact, I'm willing to help you through it when you get stuck. It's kinda one of the reasons I 'm keeping this thread going, because I want to help everyone who needs help with this. In fact, as a payment to the author of fdsloadr, I am spreading the word. When I asked him how I could repay him he said he just would like me to spread the word about his program as much as possible, because he wants as many people as possible to get enjoyment out of it. It's the least I can do, and as many on this board know, I'm very generous with my willingness to help others achieve their gaming goals when possible. The more people I can help, the more they can help others, and so on. Besides, wouldn't you love to have a set of these cables!? :-)

As a side note, the fds to PC cable requires a power source of 5 volts from an *external* source. Has anyone ever seen a universal power supply with a 5 volt setting? It seems they all skip from 4.5 to 6.

Talk soon!

-Rob