Hi Folks,

Some of you may remember the controversy that surrounded this game when it was discovered as a translated proto. There was ample evidence for and against this thing being a real prototype (or a homebrew), but the simple fact was that it existed and was indeed in English. Today, I came across this:

http://starmen.net/mother12/diff/

Now, with all those things in in EB0 ending up in the GBA re-release of Mother 1 + 2, it is interesting to see that whoever made this (or whoever helped) possible homebrew "proto" did not likely alter the rom in any way, be it translation, sprite hacking, the infamous error message crash glitch, etc. I didn't realize before that link that there were any major differences in the Japanese version of Mother 1 and EB0. Now with it's rerelease, we have a second official source to see these differences, indicating that all those EB0 differences were indeed done by Nintendo.

Can someone shed any details on why this proto was considered a fake by many? I pretty much forgot over the years. Does this info above shed any light on that?

-Rob