Hello...I recently purchased an Atari Lynx with 10 games, a battery pack, and a carrying case off of ebay. Unfortunately, when I received it in the mail today, I tried some games and realized that only one of the four a&b buttons on the right side of the system actually works.

My main problem is that this is a christmas present for my little brother, and my parents spent $80 on it. I don't want to have to tell them it's broken and that they wasted $80 on it. Is there any easy way to fix it? I can't tell if it's a model 1 or 2 either.

Everything else about the system seems to fine though. The backlight works, the games turn on, the screen is good, etc. It's just the damned buttons. I searched on google and previous topics but found nothing useful. If anyone can help, you'll have my eternal gratitude. Hell, I might even send you a free game if I can get this thing working. Please someone, anyone...help!!!!

EDIT: I just checked ebay and saw that the jerk who sold me the lynx got NARU'd. Serves him right. He said it was in fine working order. bastard. I should have known not to buy from a guy named "Imrotn"....