Video Card Manufacturer: Nvidia
Video Card Model: Geforce 4 Ti4200
Video Card RAM: 128 megs
Video Card Driver Version: 61.77
Sound Card Manufacturer: Creative Labs
Sound Card Model: SB Audigy
Sound Card Driver Version: 5.12.5.441
Problem Description:

Ok, just bought the NWN Collector's Edition and installed it today. The game runs fine up untill I get to where someone is showing me how to use my inventory. I drag the chainmail armor onto the location to put armor on and right there everything starts stuttering like crazy. So much that I have to exit out of the program.

This is everything i've tried that was suggested on another board, and some other problems...

1. Turned down the accleration in dxdiag
2. Turned the sound off in nwconfig
3. Turned the soundcard off in device manager (This actually let me resume play, except that the game still lagged but not to the point that i'd have to exit like before.)
4.Changed the a3d and a3dapi.dlls to .old
5.Insalled the KX Drivers
6.Tried the Miles 2d Audio sound option (I believe that's what it was)
7.Tried safe mode for the sound in nwconfig

Another thing to note is that I had actually downloaded the game before and it worked fine! (I like to test games before I buy them)

So yeah, I downloaded NWN and installed it. Played fine. Down the road I had to format and I installed the downloaded game again and this time I get to the eye, and it just dissapears. Not only that, but it leaves nwmain.exe in my task manager O.o

So I knew the game was good, so I decided to buy a real copy, the collector's edition. Installed it and... same problem.

I believe I disabled daemon tools and that fixed the problem... except sometimes i'd have problems getting into Internet explorer and sure enough, nwmain would be in the task manager, i'd stop it and IE would work again.

So there it is, my problems The eye dissapearing and having to manually get rid of nwmain I could live with if I could just get the damn game to run, with sound, with my soundcard.

Thanks for any help someone can give me