Ok. Yesterday, I received the second run of manufacturing for SJ's new 72 pin connectors. I've tested 10 of the batch of 40 so far.

These pins do not hold the cart in a death grip like the Ebay/MCM connectors do, but they are not ZIFfy either. A bit tighter than original NES, but a child can still easily remove Tengen carts and the like.

The connectors were tested with more than 15 carts each, including Tengen, Camerica, and Licensed Nintendo catridges, plus the NTF2 diagnostic cartridge. This includes less then perfectly clean carts, but nothing truly filthy or anything.

Of the 10:

6 worked flawlessly, first try, each cart.

3 more seemed DOA, with flashing screen, but repeated testing and insertions, they began to work. After a good 15-or 20 insertions, no more flashing. I went back and re-tried every cart again, TWICE, in random order. The 3 pins then worked, and continued to work flawlessly with every cart.

1 pin had vertical lines up and down the screen. Nothing seemed to alleviate this problem, all carts.

I've told this to SJ. They want me to test more (I will), but they are keen on sending this revision to manufacturing. Perhaps with a label on each stating that a break in period may occasionally be necessary.

Here is where I'm looking for input. personally, I'd prefer utter perfection, but after seeing some revisions here, I'm beginning to think that may not be possible. These pins are pretty good, and as an installer, I think I can work with them.

What do you guys/gals think? Pull no punches. I can refurb old pins, and may continue that to some degree, but these will be a big time saver. Some of you may want to be able to re-sell either as pins alone, or in NES's. Either way, you will be the kind of customers these pins will be going to.

Sound off!