Ok, first let me start by saying that I'm not trying to say that 1994 was the best year in the history of video games. Personally, I don't think that is the case. But, and the key word is but, but it sure as hell is the most "INTERESTING" year in the History of Video Games, and it won't be easy for a year to come along that will actually be more interesting.

Here is why 1994 was one of the coolest years ever.

1. The Panasonic 3DO had just been released in October 1993, but was just starting to get some good games in 1994, and the future of the system seemed incredibly bright. Ultimately the 3DO would turn out to be somewhat of a dud, but the initial excitement and hype of the possibilities was pretty freaking amazing.

2. The Atari Jaguar had just been released also in October 1993, but it didn't start getting any decent games till 1994 as well. Again, people were super excited that Atari could actually make a comeback. The excitement was definitely there.

3. The Super NES was at it's absolute prime of it's lifespan

4. The Sega Genesis was just barely past it's prime of it's lifespan.

5. The Sega CD was still alive at this point.

6. The Playstation was released in December of 1994 in Japan

7. The Saturn was released in December of 1994 in Japan

8. The 32X was released in November 1994 in the U.S. and turned out to ultimately be a total dud, but still at the time I was excited as anybody, thinking that it would be sweet. The excitement was there.

9. The Turbo Duo was still barely alive

10. The PC Engine was still barely alive

11. The TG-16 was dead in the U.S., but some people still had them with the converters and getting PC engine Hu cards.

12. When did the Neo Geo CD player come out? Did it come out in Japan in 1994? Either it was out or people were still using the regular Neo Geo.

I mean just think of all the shit that was going on in 1994. Then think about all the games that got released in 1994 somewhere in the world.

Please, people expand on this, regarding Pioneer Laseractive, NEX FX, FM Towns Marty, SuperGrafx, etc, etc.