Just read over at insertcredit.com that SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS is in development.

I surely hope this comes stateside. I would be willing to import (Mr Driller anyone?), but I want to play this against real people damn it, and I just don't see the casual DS owner shopping at Play-Asia.

Assuming it does get a US release, I would expect most established players will run out to get their own copies, if only to start building their deck. But I would hope that the game supports a single card multi-player option. Lets face it, while the NGPC versions are awesome, not that many people (read Americans) have ever played it.

I would suggest that the client player (the one who downloads the game from the host) have access to either the host players cards or a selection of premade standard decks that are known to offer competive hands.

I would also expect that this one card mode would only give access to a card table and not any of the RPG elements which could be potentially shared, along with other special features, with the standard P2P multi-player (ie each player has a copy of the game).

On a side note, I must say that the DS is really starting to pile on some excellent titles.