Well, I went into my local Gamecrazy tonight. I like the people that work there, and I get 10% off all their used stuff with the discount card.

Anyways, I glance over at their Gamecube section (which is always quite thin) and notice that Star Fox Assault is in a thin clear dvd style case, like the kind they put in TV Series Season DVDs, like Seinfeld. Then I notice all the Gamecube games are in them. WTF? The cases appear to have the front and back artwork from the slip. I open one up, knowing the artwork can't feasibly fit inside one of these slim cases. To my dismay, they tore the artwork in half, eliminating the 1/2" part that goes on the spine of the GCN case, the part with the name on it.

I ask the clerk what gives? He says his manager did that, and he wasn't sure if this was a corporate idea or just his idea. But they are experimenting only with Gamecube, but may doing the same with PS2 and XBOX games. I tell him, "That's stupid. First you are destroying games, well your destroying the condition they should be kept in. Second, you are spending more money to buy these stupid cases. Third, you don't have many Gamecube games to begin with, so why the need for space (he told me they store the manuals in the back and put them with the game when it sells, so they still need some space to store the manuals). Fourth, if you continue this, you'll lose a customer. Why should I spend the same amount for an incomplete game when I can go to EB/Gamestop and buy the same game for about the same price complete."

The clerk responded, "I know. I buy all my used games here and will stop too."

Stupid.

Someone needs to let these jagoffs know they'll lose customers. I plan on going back in to talk to the manger. Not that it will probably matter, but I want him to know how I feel. Selling used games is where their bread and butter is. I hope other people say something too.