I'll admit that while I thought the screens were incredible initially, I have noticed that they are a little darker than I 'd like them to be lately.

Just a couple comments...

Re: This unit selling a lot to people that already bought a DS. I don't see it. A point that wasn't brought up was the fact that almost everyone with a Game Boy Advance bought a GBA SP. But that was because Nintendo made the SP much more desireable by changing so much about it. I don't see the same amount of changes, and therefore selling to the same market I expect will be low.

Re: Why this didn't get an analog stick is simple. Analog controls need to be programmed into the games. Without that programming, games couldn't take advantage of it, so everything released wouldn't be compatible with it. It would also force people that already have one to purchase a new one to get the analog stick, something that they should definitely avoid doing.

As for me personally, I'll definitely stick with the original one which is just the right size and shape for me