Hold on tight as I'll do everything in my power to turn this thread into the powder keg that the FIRST employee thread got. Would you expect anything less from me?

I am enjoying my first day off since I began building the store up back in September. I've watched two episodes of Matlock, played an hour of We Love Katamari, and even clipped my toenails. It's luxury, and it's all thanks to...

* drum roll *

Our second employee ever took the helm at the store today, his name is Matt, a college student at Montclair State University (my alma mater). I first met Matt as a customer in the store, and his reverence for all things Nintendo caught my attention. After a few conversations it was apparent that he was a good fit with the way we operate. Laid back, customer-friendly, and happy to share his knowledge. With his Gamestop background he also had the operating skills I was looking for.

I've been on the phone with him a few times today and he's doing a great job there. He provides the safety valve I haven't had until now and the store's growth won't miss a beat.

Oh yeah, you may have seen him poke around in the forums here under the handle "Osaka".

Please join me in welcoming Matt to the ever-growing Digital Press family both on and off-line!