The random game generator chooses this Midway classic, specificaly the NES version, for today. How ironic, on a day where I was caught behind the worlds slowest driver to ever take the fast lane all the way to work, a day where I really needed front-mounted machine guns on my car, that this would be the first game the database tossed out at me.

So here's your chance to write yor own mini review. As you can see below, the game was available on many home consoles. What do you think of the game? If you've played a few of the home versions, which one most accurately captures the arcade game (other than the compilations which emulate the coin-op)? Let's hear your opinion on this classic!

DP Guide sez:

Spy Hunter (w/Joystick Coupler) (Atari 2600, by Sega) $20/R4
Based on the 1983 Bally Midway coin-op. This game utilized the fire buttons from both joysticks. A plastic joystick connector was packaged with this game. It allowed you to snap two standard Atari sticks in and operate them as if they were one controller. #011-01.

Spy Hunter (Atari XE, by Sega) $25/R5
Based on the 1983 Bally Midway coin-op. If you'd like instructions on modifying a 7800 joystick to utilize both fire buttons with this game, email us at: digitalpress@email.com. #011-03.

Spy Hunter (ColecoVision, by Coleco) $20/R5 +
Based on the 1983 Bally Midway coin-op. Includes overlay(s). Super Action Controller compatible. PERIODICALS: Listed as one of the "99 Favorite Classics" by Digital Press in 1997. c1984 Bally Midway, Coleco. #2617.

Spy Hunter (Commodore 64, by Sega) $15/R5 +
Based on the 1983 Bally Midway coin-op. Great conversion of the arcade fave. In many ways, this is slightly easier and more playable than the parent machine. PERIODICALS: Scored 87% in Zzap!64 May 1985. Listed as one of the "99 Favorite Classics" by Digital Press in 1997. c1983 Bally
Midway, 1984 Sega. #011-05.

Spy Hunter (Nintendo NES, by SunSoft) $3/R1
Based on the 1983 Bally Midway coin-op. Released 9/87. EASTER EGGS: After exiting from a weapons van, pull to the right immediately. You'll be able to drive over water or rough terrain until the road widens out again. c1987 Sun Electronics, 1983 Bally Midway. #NES-HU-USA.