About five or six weeks ago, I was going over my list of games and realized something. During all of last year, I had picked up enough games to more then double my colection. This realy bothered me as while I claim to love games, I never have enough time to play a tenth of what I get. This led to consider the question, what if I just STOPED buying new games for any given amount of time? Not forever, just for a set amount of time? Rather then buy new ones and not have time to play them, simply play those I already have. That led me to the conclusion. For the entire month of March, I would buy no games. No trips to game stores, no trips to pawn shops, no garage sales, no nothing. I would work, I would play what games I already own, and I would remember why I keep buying games in the first place. Now that I'm half way into this, I must admit it's become quite a chalenge. I find myself fighting the urge to check out the buying and selling, make trips to all the local haunts I used to requent, and honestly its not easy.

So as I experience this, I've decided to issue everyone here at DP who has ever questioned their own spending habbits the same chalenge I am experiencing. No new games.

The rules are simple.
1.If you already pre-ordered, that doesnt count as the original order came outside the timeframe. If your seeing it on the rack or display for the first time though, that's a different story.

2.Play the games you got which you've just not had time for. All that back stock of games? Now's their chance to shine. Play em, enjoy them, and if you can, beat them.

3.Be honest with yourself. If you cant do it for a week, two weeks, or a month, atleast you have learned something. Also, this isnt a scored chalenge. There realy isnt a way to win as there is no prize beyond the ability to save a lil more money in your pocket and re-learn the value of a great game.