Quote Originally Posted by captain nintendo
Quote Originally Posted by Griking
I'm sorry but you seem to have missed my last question since I edited my post after you responsed. Please answer me this;

Does the original scanner of the image have the legal (key word there) right to scan the box art and publish it to a website without the original owner or publisher's permission?

I say he does not and that by doing so he is in fact stealing someone else's work himself. These images are copyrighted for a reason you know.
While I do see your point, I dont think it has bearing on this discussion. Let's stick to the topic at hand........
How is this not relevant to the topic at hand? What you're basically saying is that we should simply ignore the fact that you guys are stealing these images yourself because it suits your needs but we should start up a posse and hang a person who may have turned around and stole your stolen images.

Please, someone explain to me how this isn't so blatantly hypocritical that it's stunning. I have to be missing something here like where you guys legally secured the rights to the original images before you published them.