Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu
The controller is interesting and took one step above Nintendo's, there is no need for a relay switch on top of your TV, which is nice considering the TV's they are aimed at are so thin that there's really no place for one as it is. .
I was thinking that too, but then I realized something: Sony is missing the other 354 degrees Nintendo has. It will be nice though for the reason the demo shown illustrated, as long as it isn't as exagerated as it seemed from the descritiptions. If you really have to move it a large degree to do anything then it'll be worthless. You've got no range of motion when you're forced to have your hands clasped together.

Now if all it offers is tiling and no movement aspects, I think it'll be great. But the way IGN made it sound seems like it'll be pretty worthless.
I watched the guy play WarHawk (or whatver) with it. It was full ship movement with its tilting, including barrel rolls and stuff like that where he was actually turning the controller a full 360. It didn't look aquard other than I think it was a REALLY new functionality tossed into the game, so like all new controllers, we're all gonna look like asses for a little bit until we get the hang of it.