Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Random Game O' the Day: BRAHMA Force

The DP Random Game Generator of Pure Evil has chosen BRAHMA Force as it's topic du jour.

Unfortunately I have nothing to start off with, I've never played it, personally. So I'll leave it to other gamers here to describe the game and share their opinions. Good? Bad? Ugly? Metallic? Write your mini-review here!

DP Guide sez:

BRAHMA Force: The Assault On Beltlogger 9 (PlayStation, by Jaleco) $3/R2
    PERIODICALS: Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine rated this game a(n) 7.8 (out of 10).

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default great choice, he said, randomly...

joe:

EXCELLENT game by genki, known these days for the tokyo highway series and their port of virtua fighter 3tb for the DC. the third of their first-person mech corridor titles for the ps (kileak the blood and epidemic were the other two), this one is a stand alone game set in a different period, and improves on the visuals and control scheme. in addition to the typical "find the keycard get to the exit" gameplay, there are some jumping flash style platforming sequences (in fact, boosting is a big part of the game), hidden weapons, and some really tough boss battles. phantom crash (xbox) marked their "big" return to mech games, but it wasn't as much fun (no thanks to the game being combat only with no exploration)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is the first game 'o the day I've never seen or heard of.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played it before.At first, when I played it, I thought it sucked completly and was a waste of time and I was right,It sucked badly and wasn't worth my money at all.Not that I'm hurting anyon's feeling's that they like the game,i'm only sharing my opinion on how I feel about the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: great choice, he said, randomly...

Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    joe:

EXCELLENT game by genki, known these days for the tokyo highway series and their port of virtua fighter 3tb for the DC. the third of their first-person mech corridor titles for the ps (kileak the blood and epidemic were the other two), this one is a stand alone game set in a different period, and improves on the visuals and control scheme. in addition to the typical "find the keycard get to the exit" gameplay, there are some jumping flash style platforming sequences (in fact, boosting is a big part of the game), hidden weapons, and some really tough boss battles. phantom crash (xbox) marked their "big" return to mech games, but it wasn't as much fun (no thanks to the game being combat only with no exploration)...
    Greg's right, this is a great game that I was pleasantly surprised to come across. The full name: Brahma Force: Assault on Beltlogger 9. It's a first person mech game, and the controls are very much like Jumping Flash, but with more options (shields, different weapons, etc) The game has a really cool atmoshere, and it gets pretty lonely sometimes in those dark metallic stages. The levels themselves aren't corridors like most first person games, but mutilevel areas where lots of jumping is required. Acually, Greg told me that this is the sequel to another game by Genki, which is almost the same except without the ability to jump. I have forgotten the name of that game, sadly (Is it Epidemic?). but, if you like mech games, I seriously recommend this one.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm...

actually, it goes like this:

kileak the blood and epidemic are related, but brahma force is a different game altogether. i'm actually looking for the import limited edition box with the art book (saw one on ebeg a while back- forgot to bid- d'oh!).

genki did a couple of mech-related games and titles with a certain futuristic flair. burning soldier (3DO) and i think deadalus/robotica (saturn) may be theirs also (not too sure about the latter game, although the design aesthetic is very similar...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Bramha Force

What a stupid name! Assault on "Beltlogger 9"?

I bought this one a few years back because:
    A) I got it mixed up w/ Carnage Heart
    B) It was $10 and I thought it was a great find. $3/R2? Geez.

Anyway, I did actually get around to playing this one, and it was thoroughly...okay. Nothing compares to Armored Core in the genre, IMO. But it wasn't awful.

I'd classify it among the likes of Steel Harbinger, Loaded, and Project Overkill as a PSX game that kinda impressed me by not totally sucking.

the kid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was lucky enough to get BRAHMA Force from Queen of the Felines via Secret Santa & it ROCKS!!! I too had never heard of it but it's proved to be quite a game & one of the best I own. I'm finding many "old" games still hold up well & are worthy of my time. Too bad it won't run on my PS2- I'd love to hear the "clank clank clank" thru my home theater system!

Guess I can hook up the PSX to it...
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm...

hey RJ~ you've got an oddball brahma force- mine runs perfectly on my ps2 (i just played a bit of it out of pure nostalgia), and popping the game disc into my cd player reveals no playable soundtrack. makes me wonder if jaleco did two pressings...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just tried again after seeing your post & it won't work- I get the red "insert a ps or PS2 disc" screen. I was hoping it had a playable soundtrack but mine doesn't.

I've had trouble before getting "Silent Hill" to work too- it gets a disc read error from the browser screen, but it works fine from a coldstart...

Not a problem, as I have my trusty PSX!
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."