Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mario Happy Meal toys start 9/1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 6502
    For those who can't stomach the idea of actually eating a Happy Meal...can't you purchase the toy alone? It's on the menu. My cousin collects Happy Meal toys, and I've been with her a few times when she buys them. She just buys the toy, they even let her pick which one she wants. Mayber her local McD's is just particularly lenient, I have no idea what McDonald's policy is on the toys.
    Yes, you can buy just the toy. Like their prices of everything, it varies depending on region, but it typically falls in between $1.50-$2.
    ________
    Zx14 vs hayabusa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg
    For those who can't stomach the idea of actually eating a Happy Meal...can't you purchase the toy alone? It's on the menu. My cousin collects Happy Meal toys, and I've been with her a few times when she buys them. She just buys the toy, they even let her pick which one she wants. Mayber her local McD's is just particularly lenient, I have no idea what McDonald's policy is on the toys.
    Yes, you can buy just the toy. Like their prices of everything, it varies depending on region, but it typically falls in between $1.50-$2.
    AT $2, you might as well get the happy meal and give it to a homeless dude. Happy meals last I checked were 1.99 (1996, lol)... but they can't be more than what, 3.50 these days right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg
    AT $2, you might as well get the happy meal and give it to a homeless dude. Happy meals last I checked were 1.99 (1996, lol)... but they can't be more than what, 3.50 these days right?
    They are still around 2 bucks. Let me say that the Yoshi "tag" toys are super annoying, thats all I heard on a short road trip yesterday. I'm also confused why the power tennis has inflatable mallets instead of a racket to hit the ball with?
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Anyone remember McDonalds' food transformer toy lineup? That was their best. I remember like a Big Mac box that would transform into a robot... it was so cool back in the day.

I like to say the 1st lineup came out somewhere between 88-90 and then like in 92-93 a 2nd lineup came out.
    I still have almost all of the first ones. Yes, that was their best. I loved those damn things when I was a kid. They made a LOT, too. Like, transforming Hotcakes and Egg McMuffins and crap.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

[quote="s1lence"][quote="Steven"][quote="ryborg"]
    I'm also confused why the power tennis has inflatable mallets instead of a racket to hit the ball with?
    Because one of Mario's power shots in Mario Power Tennis involoves him hitting the ball with a giant mallet.

I got one yesterday, haven't opened it up yet. Might see if I can snag a second one so i can leave one unopened.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep wife went to Mcd's last night and got the kid a happy meal with our stuff and it had the yoshi toy, kinda neat, will go well with the other vidogame stuff.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I can prove you wrong!

I went to my local McD and asked nicely for str mgr. I told her that I collect Nintendo related items, and not only I asked for entire set but I asked for two of each.

I bought this stuff WITHOUT happy meal combo. Each toy was priced at $1.47 plus tax.

True, the toys are not of best quality, but it doesn't matter. I got what I wanted. AN here is a proof for it.

In a week I will post detailed photos of each toy on my site, www.gamescanner.org

See you there!