Thread: PS3 Overheats at TGS

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PS3 Overheats at TGS

Looks like Namco's Ridger Racer 7 is too taxing on the PlayStation 3. We caught this poor floor rep tending to the overheated, bugged out PS3 that shit the bed during the first day of TGS. Yeah, we know this sort of thing happens all the time when you've got unfinished code running on unproven hardware, but we also know that even though you've got a Bravia television and a high end PlayStation 3, your cooling solution is wicked ghetto.

Plus, 1080p and 60 frames per second don't mean squat when you're rendering a blank screen.

We've seen a couple of kiosks and machines go down, but can somewhat safely assume this is just software related and not an issue with the PlayStation 3 machines themselves.

We'll have more gratuitous fatal system errors soon, coupled with frustrated game producers and booth reps.

Quoted from Kotaku

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ridge-r...tgs-202609.php

heheeh look at their solution for cooling the overheated system down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kotaku for my everyday needs!
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Let me see here: ps 1 had problems with overheating at least when it was launched, ps 2 had the dre problems, psp had button problems, and in Japan it was rumored that psp games flying out like a projectile when the psp was first launched. If I was consumer considering preordering a ps 3, this would make me concern due to the pverheating problem. It better be the software for sony's sake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, if possible, definitely buy your PS3 at Costco. Their return policy is golden. I bought my 360 at Costco on launch day, and luckily, my launch 360 has never crapped out on me. If it did, it's nice to know that Costco's got my back. From now on, if possible, I'm going to buy all my systems from Costco. Their return policy is just too good.

(By the way, I don't work at Costco or hold Costco stock. )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

grrr... they're building the first Costco in the state about 5 miles from me but I doubt it'll be done before Christmas

Do places like Sams and Costco get launch systems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    is there something wrong with the link? I only see jingle cats.

but anyway, I'm kinda starting to rethink my idea of buying a PS3 just to flip, and am starting to hope that people boycott this system, not because I hate Sony, I'm a big fan of the PS, but man, they have just done som many dumb things lately, and have had so many problems with their products that I hope people don't buy it, because if they do it just send the message that it's okay for a billion dollar operation to launch shoddy crap and take advantege of the consumer.

I know the 360 isn't the most reliable thing around, but I don't remember hearing that it crashed during show appearences, and MS didn't force any high end stuff on us (cough blu-ray), and they have a really good replacement plan for broken systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Yeah, if possible, definitely buy your PS3 at Costco. Their return policy is golden. I bought my 360 at Costco on launch day, and luckily, my launch 360 has never crapped out on me. If it did, it's nice to know that Costco's got my back. From now on, if possible, I'm going to buy all my systems from Costco. Their return policy is just too good.
    What's their return policy? We don't have a Costco near us, but my parents live near one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    i like the cut of your jib

Strawberry (Level 2) Beefy Hits's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT

Yea, like a month or two after launch.
    You don't have to be smart, you don't have to have all the facts, you just have to be confident.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy Hits
    Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT

Yea, like a month or two after launch.

Well I got a 360 on launch day at my local Costco, and actually that particular Costco had the most 360 systems at any store anywhere north of San Francisco. They got 136 units on day one. I was the 76th person in line, and I was very pleased to get it at Costco, cause their return policy is pretty damn untouchable.

Somebody asked what was so special about their return policy, well basically they force any of their suppliers to take any product back for any reason. If you want your product to be available at Costco, you have to agree to their terms. So if you want your video game system to be sold at Costco, if the customer has a problem with it and wants to return it, you have to give Costo full credit for any system they return to the manufacturer. The companies that offer their products for sale there, hate that fact, but they agree to it, because Costco does a shitload of business nationwide. It would be almost like Wal-Mart not agreeing to sell your product. You pretty much have to kiss their ass, and agree to their terms or your product won't be sold there.