Thread: Virtua Cop 3 for consoles = Vaporware?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Default Virtua Cop 3 for consoles = Vaporware?

Didn't Sega have plans to translate Virtua Cop 3 to a console, most likely the XBOX? But it was scrapped because of a falling out between them and Microsoft, and they never bothered to port it on any other system? I'm not getting much info on this subject, which is too bad. I'm on a lightgun kick nowadays and I'd love to play VC3 (which looks awesome based on this one gameplay video I've seen of it), but if I may never get to play it, I won't be a very happy camper.

And for the record, "vaporware" is a word that causes my blood to explode with rage in the OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND Celsius range.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope they make it for the Wii, the controller is perfect for light gun games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was supposed to come on Xbox, I think it didn't because they realized after HotD3 that Xbox had a lack-of-light-guns issue. They probably didn't think it would've been worth it on PS2 because the arcade game was on Chihiro.

Perhaps they canned it as part of their Xbox de-emphasis after most of their Xbox games didn't sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by JSN View Post
    I hope they make it for the Wii, the controller is perfect for light gun games!
    I sure hope so as well... a Virtua Cop Trilogy, even? Since they're making a lightgun attachment for the Wiimote, that'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    It was supposed to come on Xbox, I think it didn't because they realized after HotD3 that Xbox had a lack-of-light-guns issue. They probably didn't think it would've been worth it on PS2 because the arcade game was on Chihiro.

Perhaps they canned it as part of their Xbox de-emphasis after most of their Xbox games didn't sell.
    Awww... that totally blows. But there was a lightgun made for the XBOX, right? A green one with a... thingy... in front of it? Gah, I'll have to look at it again. It's too bad... the first two VC games are solid gun shooters (balls hard and frustrating at times, though). It'd suck if the third one doesn't easily become accessible.

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

I always had a hting for light gun shooters and Virtua Cop was always one of my favs. I always had hoped the rumors of VC 3 comoing to the Xbox were true, but it never materialized. As much as I'd love to see them, I doubt we will ever see VC 3, HotD 4, even the new Silent Hill shooter on any home console. I will still be hoping, though.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    I always had a hting for light gun shooters and Virtua Cop was always one of my favs. I always had hoped the rumors of VC 3 comoing to the Xbox were true, but it never materialized. As much as I'd love to see them, I doubt we will ever see VC 3, HotD 4, even the new Silent Hill shooter on any home console. I will still be hoping, though.......
    Don't discount hope entirely! Y'know, it took three years for Point Blank to be ported to a home console? The PS1 had just been invented then in 1997, but PB was originally from 1994. And Time Crisis II? Took three years there, from 98 to 01 with the recent release of the PS2.

And with the Wii having just come out, I'm hoping that either Virtua Cop 3, Time Crisis 4, or House of the Dead 4 being released for it. Man, that'd be awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga View Post
    Awww... that totally blows. But there was a lightgun made for the XBOX, right? A green one with a... thingy... in front of it?
    Yeah, there was a light gun for Xbox, but third party only, and it sucked. I think I remember hearing good things about a different gun released later than was compatible with both Xbox and PS2.

Strangely, among all those Xbox games that Sega released in 2002-03, House of the Dead 3 sold best. A light gun game without a good light gun option outsold Panzer Dragoon Orta.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Yeah, there was a light gun for Xbox, but third party only, and it sucked. I think I remember hearing good things about a different gun released later than was compatible with both Xbox and PS2.
    Ah, yes! I have my eyeballs on that very one! It's known as the LCD Topgun, and I hope to snag it for only $35 at Play-Asia. If anyone wants to check it out, here it be: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-16s7.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

I had that green gun for the Xbox and it wasnt THAT bad...but nowhere near as good as a GunCon or even the Stunner. At this point, I dont even care what system the games come out on, I just still want all of them to come out

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A little birdy told me to look out for the VC titles on the Wii in the future. That is all I can say.
    mdk
    - not up to date yet

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

CW <3 VC

That is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I've a question now to ask: Has anyone actually got the chance to play VC3 in the arcades? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a unit for it... though, I can't shake the feeling that maybe I did once. I'm still holding out for a Wii release, and I hope a hell of a lot more light gun games are released for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Quote Originally Posted by Sotenga View Post
    I've a question now to ask: Has anyone actually got the chance to play VC3 in the arcades? I'm not sure if I've ever seen a unit for it... though, I can't shake the feeling that maybe I did once. I'm still holding out for a Wii release, and I hope a hell of a lot more light gun games are released for it.
    I actually got to play it and I really enjoyed it, thus why I want it to play at home. Its on par with the first two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    I actually got to play it and I really enjoyed it, thus why I want it to play at home. Its on par with the first two.
    Cool beans! Where didja get to play it? And... I'm still not sure: Was VC3 released in American arcades? Or was the machine you played on imported?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

VC3 was released in American Arcades, I have played it...Somewhat entertaining, beats the shit out of Lethal Enforcers 3, that game broke my heart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

I played it in two different locations...Dave & Busters in Miami and Gameworks in Las Vegas...The whole time I kept thinking "man, I wanna play this at home" lol. For the amount that I played on it, I'd say it was on par with part 2.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are 3 lightguns for the xbox. The madcatz blaster, the pelican silent scope, and the LCD Topgun. I have pics and descriptions here:

http://gamerhistory.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=608