Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want a 360, but when do I buy it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

I'm pretty sure not ALL 360s manufactured from 11/06 have the BenQ drive. There's a picture online of the visual difference between the disc trays, and my new 360 (manufactured after 11/06 according to date) doesn't have it.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

I really just said aw screw it yesterday and bought it. I picked it up from best buy as mine just got a new shipment in. Found a nice minty box and sure enough it was manufactured in dec 06. I don't think it has the benq drive though. Fine by me as it's not that loud anyways. Grabbed the 2 year warranty, too.

Picked up burnout revenge (for my fiancee, she looooooves burnout), gears and dead rising. Got a wireless connection working through my laptop just like the old xbox (no way I'm paying $100 for a wireless adapter), migrated my live account and started wading my way through live. So far I'm really impressed.

Oh btw, gt = JOEY BLACKOUTS

See you on live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, I bought one too....just waiting for it to arrive. I thought about waiting, but for what. I want to enjoy some of these games RIGHT NOW! Everything looks so good on the 360, and I've waited long enough myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

A few weeks in and I can honestly say I don't regret my decision one bit. A lot of the fun is playing these games online, and if I waited a few months I would have missed out on some online goodness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

did you check out crackdown or nba street yet . ive been playing both all week . great games in my opinion .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by ecresto View Post
    did you check out crackdown or nba street yet . ive been playing both all week . great games in my opinion .
    Crackdown = awesome. The halo 3 beta seems like a nice throw-in at this point. Sports games aren't really my thing though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GrantCanyon

Im waiting to get mine for alittle while. Its in my eyes the best newest system out there, since the PS3 is just grafx and Wii is just for people with two people... or they just destroy your tv..
    800,2600,5200,7800,C64,Intellivision,NES1+2,NEX,SM S 1+2,GENNY1-3,CDi,SEGA CD1+2,SNES1+2,TG16,VB,N64(Reg,blue,green),Saturn1+ 2,PS,PSone w/LCD,PS2,Xbox,NGPC,GG,GB,GBC,GBA,GBA SP,Game.com,WonderSwan,Lynx I+II,3D0fz1+10,PICO,Nomad,GP32,DC(reg+sport),GC (2of3),SuperFamicom,MVS, Neo Geo CD,Super Compact+Futbal edition,PSP,360,Wii,DS

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

For what it's worth, I bought my 360 about a month ago without knowing about this potentially new console, and I wish I *had* known so I could've made a more informed decision about the whole thing.

To be honest I'm not sure I could've waited any longer to make a next gen purchase, especially after I decided that MS was getting my money this time around, but I'd've felt better knowing I *chose* the older model, as opposed to being in the dark.

I'm kinda bitter about the whole thing actually. Why should any of us buy launch day anything anymore, if they're just going to re-release the hardware at some point? (The GBA/DS pisses me off the most - as I own 3 GBAs and 2 DSs because of hardware changes... Never again!)
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I wanted to mention that there's something like 126 CompUSA locations closing down across the country, and they've got game consoles marked down along with everything else. The Arlington, TX location had the PS3 around $70 off, and the Xbox 360s cheaper too. I can't remember what the prices were on those, but I'm guessing it's 10% off like the PS3. I didn't see any DS or PSPs at my local store, though. Maybe they've already sold out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    For what it's worth, I bought my 360 about a month ago without knowing about this potentially new console, and I wish I *had* known so I could've made a more informed decision about the whole thing.

To be honest I'm not sure I could've waited any longer to make a next gen purchase, especially after I decided that MS was getting my money this time around, but I'd've felt better knowing I *chose* the older model, as opposed to being in the dark.

I'm kinda bitter about the whole thing actually. Why should any of us buy launch day anything anymore, if they're just going to re-release the hardware at some point? (The GBA/DS pisses me off the most - as I own 3 GBAs and 2 DSs because of hardware changes... Never again!)
    Well at least you got the whitey Xbox. Black is soooo last gen dude.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

any time is a good time to get a 360. Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about Hard drive space. My 20 gig is not even half full, and I download tons of game demos, rip cds to my hard drive, and have a handful of live arcade titles.

Unless you plan on putting your entire mp3 collection on there or ripping entire DVDs with a hacked 360, 20 gigs is more than enough!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
    any time is a good time to get a 360. Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about Hard drive space. My 20 gig is not even half full, and I download tons of game demos, rip cds to my hard drive, and have a handful of live arcade titles.

Unless you plan on putting your entire mp3 collection on there or ripping entire DVDs with a hacked 360, 20 gigs is more than enough!
    I agree on all counts. I am so glad I did NOT wait. This console kicks ass, and I'm already hooked up with th eunit, the HD DVD addon, and a bunch of great games as well as now over a dozen Live Arcade titles I have a few demos and movies on it right now as well, and there is still over 11GB left, so space is not an issue. As for media, I media share over 90GB of music, and now that I have TVersity working correctly I can stream all of my DivX/XviD content to the unit as well. The only reason I would think of actually needing more than 20GB would be to add music/movies, but with the 360's excellent ability to share your PC HD, well, no need.