HRAP Sticks, DOA Sticks, Tekken Sticks are all Japanese style sticks.

If you want an American stick, the only ones are: X-Arcade, NubyTech SF Anniversary Stick, Pelican Real Arcade Stick, MAS Stick, and custom sticks.

X-Arcade, NubyTech, and Pelican all use renditions of a Happ Super style joystick.

The Mas Stick comes with a Happ Ultimate hard spring stick normally. Custom Sticks can be done by those in the community. SOme are sold on the buying/selling forums on www.shoryuken.com

If you want a good "stock" American stick, the SFA NubyTech stick is good for a mass market stick. Diagonals are fine on the stick, buttons are slightly raised, semi convex style.

I'm a seasoned/veteran tournament fighting game player, and I can assure you that if I was to choose a "stock" stick, I would use the SFA stick for "most" games. If was going to play a game like Tekken/VF, I would recommend a Japanese style Hori arcade stick. Again, it's all preference of what you were comfortable with using in the arcade. Japanese sticks have a smaller range of motion, so they are recommended in the long run for expert players.