Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
Blame the US post office. I can ship almost anything domestically via the automated system or just drop them in the box. International packages all have to be handed to a live clerk, which means standing in line. Average wait time during hours I can actually get there are 15-30 minutes and I value my time more than that.

Word Skippy!

I try to avoid going to a "real" Post Office at all costs. Every single time I venture into a real post office, there is a super long line. At least a half hour of waiting. I get paid $20 an hour, so I figure a half hour of my time is worth 10 snaps. Of course, nobody is going to want to add $10 to their shipping total, just because I have to wait in line. So why deal with it? I actually feel sorry for people that have to go to a real post office, and have no other option. I have two grocery stores within 5 minutes of me that offer all the normal shipping options of the post office, and charge the same exact price. They are "satellite" post office locations. The only downside, is that you can't ship internationally at them. So that means if a Canadian wants to buy something from me, I have to go to a "real" post office. If there was no line at the Post Office, I would do it, but there always is.