Thread: 30 for 360

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Heh, an early congrats on a great way to motivate yourself to health.

I recently lost 23lbs myself, and since I'm such a lazy asshole I just had someone else make all the food for me! It's expensive, but if you eat every meal and don't stray you'll shed weight like nothin. No workouts at all, I just wasn't that motivated. Used games to keep me busy when I was bored to keep from eating as an activity, and I hit my goals rapid fire

www.meals21.com

Honestly, it works. I did the 1200 calorie plan for two months and went from 213 to 188. This morning I was 189 after being off the plan for nearly a month, so it's definitely taught me about portion control. If you can afford it, it's not a bad way to get to your goals at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

GO SA!!! You're almost there, and you have my admiration.

I haven't weighed myself in a bit, but I think it was around 215 last time I checked. I bet it's quite a bit more now, and I've been feeling rather fat lately. I've been trying to control my sweet tooth and drink more water than soda, but I just can't get the exercise down pat. I usually try and take a thirty-minute walk every day, but I feel as if I could do so much more. The problem is that I don't have the slightest clue as to what I could do for a regular workout routine. I don't really have much in the way of equipment except for a few hand weights. If anyone could offer some advice as to ideas for a good routine, I would be super-grateful. See if I can try to get mine back down to 200, which is where it was at one point.

Sorry to divert with my own weight-loss ambitions. Rock on, SA.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

keep going! Hearing about this kind of stuff gets me motivated to do the same thing.
    SEGA!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

if they come out with some kind of game for the wii that helps with cardio + weight lifting (like wii remote weight attachments) I'd be all over that in a second for getting healthier. I'm not mad overweight (175 lbs, 6'-0") but I got that fast food gut i want to get rid of. If they made a wii game that could give you a rough estimate of calories burned, some kind of diet planner, and a workout game, I'd pay good money for it, that would be my motivation.

Unfortunately I already have all the next gen systems so I would have to find other means of motivation.

congrats to you man, don't let the 360 make you gain the weight back by playing it all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am super close to hitting my goal now.

Even after a nice, BIG, Easter Dinner, my current weight (from this morning at about 10am) is 251.2. That means that I only need to burn 0.6 pounds today and tomorrow if I plan on getting the 360 tomorrow sometime.

I don't know if I have said this before, but I am sure that there are faster ways that I could do this, but I went from eating fast food almost daily, to not even having fast food within the past 3 months. I wanted to make this gradual so that my body would adjust easier.

I also chose 30 pounds so that I could keep this going as a lifestyle. I could have picked 15 pounds or something like that, but then I wouldn't be in the habit of being as healthy as I feel right now (I could have worked out everyday and pretty much became anorexic to lose the weight within weeks).

I know that it will happen sometime this week. It will probably be tomorrow, but there is a chance that it will be on wednesday or thursday, but either way, with how close I am, I will be getting a 360 sometime this week.

Everybody's encouragment (not just DP, but all of my friends and family as well) have literally been the reason as to why I have been able to continue this and make sure that I not only do this and do it right, but stick with it after I get my 360.

Strange enough, I am actually going along perfect with how I planned it. I planed on losing about 10 pounds every month. It is not alot, but enough to keep it gradual and to keep me feeling good (health wise).

Soon enough, I will have a 360 gamertag, and that will be a glorious day my friends.

So far, I do appreciate all of the support of the fellow DP'ers.

Thanks Fellas (I will probably post in this topic within the next couple of days when I actually have my 360).

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

haha, excellent man. Be sure to grab yourself a mini plastic guitar and rock out!

And yes, losing 10lbs a month is a very healthy and quality goal to have. Planning for anything more is just going to set yourself up for disappointment and eventual discouragement, but at the same time it's a definitely manageable task if you set your mind to it.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I weighed myself this morning, and I weighed in at 249.6 lbs

I lost the 30 I was gunning for. I bought a 360 premium today, and got crackdown, dead rising, and sonic. I have been playing crackdown all day. I will still work out tomorrow, but I did it.

For the past 3 months, I have gone through a tremendous change with doing this. The goal was set high (my end total was right around $600), but it was worth it in the end.

I still plan on continuing my diet and excercise. I would like to lend my advise to anybody else that is a bigger person like me trying to lose weight.

I appreciate the support of the DPers.

Look for me online (gamertag = SegaAgesDP)