thanks every for you kind words.

sweater - the attempt took 1hr 5mins. Although it's a slow start obviously as the game speeds up you clock up the lines quicker but it's a nice length of a game as there's time for another attempt if you fail on early attempts - not like a lot of the world records that take hours and hours to achieve.

Yes you do need to change tactics early on - i'm not really a 'score' player and so never really aim for 3 or 4 lines at a time, even early on in the game - i tend to focus on speed always pulling every peice down, at least until the game gets faster then the pull down speed!' and tend to whip out one or two lines clear every few pieces.

The main change is late in the game when you have to put pieces in places that are technicaly incorrect, only becase there is no time to wait for the right piece. so there's a lot of 'wrong' placement, then quickly chipping away that peice and filling the hole if you understand me.

There are also a few times when you need a bit of luck and the gods to shine and pull you back from the brink at the top!