Quote Originally Posted by 1FastHaole View Post
Diskoboy,
Thanks again. Did some searching on eBay and looks like all the way from $30 for boards of unknown origin/working status to up to $170 for boards that play pac-man and ms pac-man with a jumper switch. Does that seem about right? I also saw them for $400 from an on-line retailer. What is the recommendation regarding pac-man, ms pac-man, pac-man plus or any of the alternate mazes that i see for sale? Can anyone provide pro/cons of the different chipsets?

Do you know of anywhere where i can down-load the assembly manual or a maintenance manual so i can make sure i'm not missing anything else and also so i put it back together correctly?

I really appreciate your help in getting started!
Glad I could help. Restoring the classics are three tons of fun - kinda makes me wanna go buy another one...

Those prices sound about right. I had to get my Pac-Man board simply repaired, it cost me $125. The Pac-Man and Galaga series are the only games left from the golden age that still makes money today - that's why the prices are so high. Midway made tons of boards though, so finding one shouldn't be that difficult. And I would stick to an original Midway mobo. Using another type of board may cause alot of problems on down the line. And I'd definitely purchase one through Ebay or Craigslist - you should only use a distributor or retailer if you are on your last leg.

You can check out some of those multi-pac chipsets. I think you just add a daughtercard to the original Pac-Man mobo, and you can play up to 19 different versions of Paccy.

There is a website where you can get all the info you'd ever need to know about Pac-Man. When I'm having problems with my machine, I go here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~68hc11/pacfile/pacfile.htm