Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior View Post
    VF Remix was a mail away that came later as an "apology" for the pack in VF
    Astal, Virtua Cop, and Bug! came later and were not launch titles.
    Rayman and SF:The Movie were PS1 launch titles, so I don't believe they were available in May, more likely in September in a simultaneous release on both platforms.
    It's hard to remember exactly what was out, there was very little available for the early launch in May, with a big drought over the summer of 1995.
    If I get the chance I'll check out my EGM and Gamefan issues from the time and see what they cover.
    I already know what was available in May. I'm specifically asking about what was available at the official launch on September 2. I'm almost positive that Bug! was a launch title; not entirely sure about Astal and Virtua Cop (but I think they may have been). Rayman and SF: The Movie I mentioned as being possible because they were launch titles on PSX, which was only a week after the Saturn launch. However, the Saturn ports may have come after the PSX ports, I'm not sure.

I know that VF Remix was a mail away. I'm just not sure when that mail away was available (it was also available at retail, but I'm not sure when). It would make sense for it to be a launch title in September because VF1 was available in May and VF2 was available in December of the same year. But, just because it makes sense, doesn't mean it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by gameofyou View Post
    I think Robotica and Virtual Hydlide may have been launch games also.
    Robotica is a possible, didn't think of that one. I know that Virtual Hydlide wasn't, because I actually remember when it came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    I already know what was available in May. I'm specifically asking about what was available at the official launch on September 2.

Robotica is a possible, didn't think of that one. I know that Virtual Hydlide wasn't, because I actually remember when it came out.
    Oh I get what you're saying, although it's kind hard to remember September launch titles when there was no real September launch, the console had been out six months and was already well established with a library of titles.

Robotica was definitely out by September, it was one of the first titles in early summer, and one of the only games I ever returned.
    Xbox Live: Ikari Warrior
    PSN: IkariWarrior

My collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/jaysweet99
    My theater: http://gallery.avsforum.com/showgall...ppuser/7596262

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

I'll never forget the May 11, 1995 surprise launch. Picked up the Sega Saturn at EB Games with Clockwork Knight and Panzer Dragoon. If I'm not mistaken, Bug! was not available on day one, but perhaps a few days or a week later.

And yes, VF Remix was sent in the mail to anyone who purchased a Sega Saturn as a sort of apology for the problems that plagued the VF pack in game at launch. It added texture mapping, fixed clipping errors etc.