Keep in mind that if video game collecting ever goes mainstream (which I believe it will within 5-10 years) and third party grading companies enter the picture, using any type of replacement label, etc. will be considered a form of restoration!

A lot of comic book collectors found this out the hard way when CGC (Comics Guaranty Corp.) entered the picture back in 2000 and started grading comic books. Everyone laughed when they started to encapsulate comic books in plastic. I however can tell you I was happy when I sold my comic book collection for $50,000 because the value of near mint unrestored CGC comics went through the roof. Restoration kills value. So if you are a collector of anything, you do it at your own risk.

I know that some of you reading this are laughing and thinking that the idea of grading video games is stupid, but a lot of collectors said that about toys, action figures (both loose and carded), sports cards, comic books, and coins.

This is just a word of caution. By all means if you just want the game for your own use pursue it.

The more I look at CD games, the more experience I have in seeing whether or not they were "buffed" or "resurfaced". The ones that were, I tend to look at like a red headed step child. I hate to say that, but to me it has to be MINT and NATURAL.

Just my opinion...keep that in mind!