Thread: White PSP Slim - How Limited?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default White PSP Slim - How Limited?

I saw in the Best Buy ad that the new white PSP slim bundle comes out today. Has Sony ever said how limited this will be? I'm guessing it will be another 100,000 + run of them, but I've also read that each store is only getting a few and that's it (heard the same thing about the ice silver and they are still everywhere).

Anybody have any insight? I'm wanting a new PSP to replace my launch unit, but figured I'd wait until there was a real limited edition to do it.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i dont know, but im definately going out at lunch today and getting it. i too have an old psp already, its got custom firmware and all that nice stuff. but the white one looks so great, im a sucker for glossy white systems. plus... VADER!!!

im also getting final fantasy tactics that comes out today to play on it. oooo i cant wait till lunch!

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, I liked the white system, but the darth vader... not my cup o tea... oh well.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Given the choice, I'd prefer to not have vader on it, but I think it will be possible to get a replacement battery door for it and not have to use the original one.

I'm still torn on this one. If I knew it was really going to be a limited edition, I'd be all over it. But after some searching today I can't find any production numbers on it so I'm left assuming it will not really be all that limited.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I went ahead and ordered one a week or two ago it should show up on my doorstep tomorrow. Looks cool. Probably not terribly limited as my store has received four of the so called limited daxter systems. Maybe limited when compared to how many PSP 2000s they sell overall though but not really limited.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i just got mine. i love the redesigned slim. the dpad and joystick are godlike. tv out awesome. it feel half as heavy as the fat one!! the screen is beautiful, plus extra ram! woot.

anyway, the white looks nice, cant see fingerprints on it, but the screen? omg its like a skin-oil magnet! im gonna have to slap a protector on it right away, yuk. an interesting thing i found was to get the oil off and make it look sparkling clean just use some scotch tape! stick it on and off and itll as if it came out of hte factory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I broke down and bought one as well. I haven't opened it up yet, but it sure does look good in the box! The Best Buy I hit didn't have the tv out cable, but I'll get that later tonight. Which cable did you get? I think the games will only output on the component and everything else will use either the composite or component, is that correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, component for games, composite for videos and anything else. Component can of course be used for everything else also. The component cables will run you $20 dollars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923 View Post
    Yes, component for games, composite for videos and anything else. Component can of course be used for everything else also. The component cables will run you $20 dollars.
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

I did crack mine open a bit ago and I have to say, it's a nice upgrade from the little bit I've messed with it. The weight difference really is noticeable and I think it will be more comfortable to use for longer periods of time.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I almost forgot about having to get my own cables! definetly gonna go component

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Sorry for my ignorance, but you still can't plug in a Dualshock, right? I'm guessing no, but for some reason I heard that as speculation from somewhere...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but you still can't plug in a Dualshock, right? I'm guessing no, but for some reason I heard that as speculation from somewhere...
    From what I can tell, no. It has a usb port and the video/headphone port, but that's it.