Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Default 360 wireless controller disconnnects

I'm using wireless controllers with my 360 and every so often the controller just cuts out. I think it has something to do with the battery pack because if I take off the battery pack and lightly pull the springs up it works fine again. Am I on the right track that the springs are losing contact with the battery pack and causing the controller to cut out? If so, how can I fix it without breaking it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dtolley
    PSN
    dtolley

Not sure about fixing it, but other reasons the controllers shut off are from telephones, cellphones, microwaves, and other misc things with frequencies floating in the air. For instance, if my cell is close (4 ft or less) to my controller, my controller will sometimes shut off. This is even when my phone is not in use.
    Digitpress
    Ebay

Strawberry (Level 2) MonoTekETeA's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know what to tell you man. I have a battery pack also, that if you put it all the way on the controller, the pins don't make contact, but if you leave it out a bit, and don't lock it in, it does make the connection. I haven't really looked at it though. Been pretty busy.
    Yippy Kie Yo Yai Yay
    I am really bad at spelling...no really.
    v A gift from Drexel923, Thanks homie! v

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    I'm using wireless controllers with my 360 and every so often the controller just cuts out. I think it has something to do with the battery pack because if I take off the battery pack and lightly pull the springs up it works fine again. Am I on the right track that the springs are losing contact with the battery pack and causing the controller to cut out? If so, how can I fix it without breaking it?
    If by "cutting out" you mean it loses power completely (green circle light goes out) the battery contacts MAY be an issue. (Or try a different battery/controller altogether and see if the problem follows.)

But if you're only talking about control drop-outs (wireless interruption) something is interfereing / blocking the signal.

Check around the room for obvious transmission interruptors.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Hates_You View Post
    If by "cutting out" you mean it loses power completely (green circle light goes out) the battery contacts MAY be an issue. (Or try a different battery/controller altogether and see if the problem follows.)

But if you're only talking about control drop-outs (wireless interruption) something is interfereing / blocking the signal.

Check around the room for obvious transmission interruptors.
    We're definitely talking about full power off, the green light goes out completely. Pressing the button doesn't put it back on without working the battery pack a little.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a problem with the spinning screen, loss of control, and my contoller randomly powering off. Turns out it was the Nyko battery pack. I have three of them and one is complete crap. Constantly causes problems with my wireless controller. Best advice I can give you is to buy the Microsoft battery packs and skip on any Nyko's. I replaced all of my Nyko with Microsoft and my problems have been fixed. Also I found the Nyko's, if used, must be pushed in firmly and fully or else they will cause similar problems. Otherwise try cleaning both set of contacts.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    We're definitely talking about full power off, the green light goes out completely. Pressing the button doesn't put it back on without working the battery pack a little.
    Yup, total power cutting out would be a battery issue or a battery contact issue on the controller.

1st rule of troubleshooting something removeable - try it on something else, if the problem follows, it's the item.

Try the battery on a different wireless 360 controller (perhaps you have a friend who can let you borrow one?), if it happens with that one, replace the battery with a reccomended Microsoft one.

If it doesn't, try another battery on your controller, and if the problem happens with a different battery, it's the controller.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am having the same problem. My controller will just shut off a message will pop up "Please re-connect controller 1." All I have to do is Hit the guide button and it will sync back up. It will then turn off and continue to get worse. Up to the point where I will connect the controller and it will disconnect immediately.

It is definitely the controller for me. the battery pack and other controllers work fine. I just bought this controller and headset last week after I broke my elite controller in a fit of Halo 3 rage.

I was thinking it has something to do with the battery contacts myself. Haven't really had a chance to get to it.