Thread: Valkyrie Profile 2 and Sniper Elite 40 bucks

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Valkyrie Profile 2 and Sniper Elite 40 bucks

Gamestop has a stackable 25% off coupon this weekend...stack it with edge card..get 35% off any 2 ps2 games.....I picked up the about 2 for a total of 40 bucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They had that Jurassic Park game used for $49.99 and I did a double take. I know the game is rare, but that doesn't change the fact its not that good, and $49.99? WTF?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Gamestop has a stackable 25% off coupon this weekend
    Where do you get the coupon from? Is it in Game Informer or something? Is it just a special promotion that's taken off at the counter?

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    They had that Jurassic Park game used for $49.99 and I did a double take.
    If you think that's bad, check out their price for Marvel vs Capcom 2 on Xbox. I also love seeing GH/PH/PC games for >$20 used when you can go to Best Buy, Sears, or Circuit City (generally down the hall in the mall or across the street from the store) and get the same games new for cheaper.

Seems like none of the local Gamestops have the Xbox version of Sniper Elite with a manual, so I picked up a PS2 version of the game. Really, I wanted the PC version, but I haven't seen that in forever and I didn't pick it up then because I didn't expect it to be a very good game. Woops. Oh well, hopefully Gametap adds it at some point.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You still may be able to find Valkyrie Profile 2 on clearance at a Circuit City for 16.96 (I bought it for this price). Even if the game is marked higher, CC price drops are corporate wide and downloaded into the stores point of sale system... and it's up to the store to heed the memo and update the price on the packaging. There is an ongoing clearance thread on CC prices at cheap-ass-gamer. This trick really only works at CC (that I know of), as most other retail chains have to choose to drop the prices at a store level. Of course, if you don't live around a CC or yours don't have it- then you're SOL. Although Sniper Elite you probably won't find... VP2 is jut a much more recent release. And of course if VP2 was the only other game that interested you there, then this post is pretty much useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you still play Sniper Elite online? I remember reading somewhere that the game was going offline soon, but it wasn't clear if it was the PS2, Xbox, or PC version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamestop has a stackable 25% off coupon this weekend...stack it with edge card..get 35% off any 2 ps2 games.....I picked up the about 2 for a total of 40 bucks.
    Yes but the question is... was Sniper Elite NIB still in it's factory wrapped cellophane? If so then DAMN that's a good nab and I'd like to find a GameStop who has it NIB. If it's used I'd pray for you that it's a MIB version and not some scuffed up, heavily finger printed and only God-knows-what stains on the label side of the disc "Used" copy. I personally regret the day I sold my PS2 "Sniper Elite", as it's insane to find for repurchase either NIB or MIB.

...just curious on this.

With swords & guns, I kick ass. The future beware!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ya, its in mint condition...I only buy games that are in pristine condition. The sniper elite was in such great condition, the gamestop employee commented..."it looks brand new" I think someone bought it and played in once, didnt like it, and traded it in. thats good for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ya, its in mint condition...I only buy games that are in pristine condition. The sniper elite was in such great condition, the gamestop employee commented..."it looks brand new" I think someone bought it and played in once, didnt like it, and traded it in. thats good for me
    I'm guessing GQD funded another printrun of the game, because I'm seeing at least one minty PS2 copy show up per Gamestop I go to. Just a wee suspicious to be suddenly seeing minty copies of the game appear out of thin air.

Now if only we could get another run of Futurama... and some Xbox versions of the games, too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    I'm guessing GQD funded another printrun of the game, because I'm seeing at least one minty PS2 copy show up per Gamestop I go to. Just a wee suspicious to be suddenly seeing minty copies of the game appear out of thin air.
    Yeah, the reprinted it a while ago. You can buy sealed copies from their site for $45.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Where do you get the coupon from? Is it in Game Informer or something? Is it just a special promotion that's taken off at the counter?
    People who are in Gamestop's mailing list often get weekly coupons; this 25% off coupon was sent to us this week. I planned to use it tomorrow but there's no buses due to MLK day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the deal with Sniper Elite? Is it uber-rare, really enjoyable or some combination of the two?
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    Yeah, the reprinted it a while ago. You can buy sealed copies from their site for $45.
    Weird, I checked there a few times and never saw it in stock. Maybe I was just checking the Xbox version or something. Oh well! Should help keep the price reasonable and keep it available, so it's win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez View Post
    What's the deal with Sniper Elite? Is it uber-rare, really enjoyable or some combination of the two?
    It totally flew under the radar for pretty much everyone when it came out even though it won the award for best console/PC game from The Independent Game Developers Association. Cropped up on Eurogamer's Bluffer's Guide to Cult Classics in late 2006, which wound up getting it on my radar.

Really, if I'd played Rogue Trooper earlier and had known that Rebellion totally still has it, then I would have snatched up Sniper Elite sooner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by josekortez View Post
    SNIPER ELITE is probably the best game of it's type I've ever seen. Like Roushimsx said, it was one of those "limited" print runs that kind of got in under the radar, but for those of us who bought it initially (I was dumb enough to sell mine) it's the shiznits. And while the game has a few faults (and what game doesn't?) it's probably the only true Sniping game out there that allows a player to "almost" utilize MOS 8541 USMC, correctly. That said the game isn't for people looking for another Splinter Cell and/or even Rainbow Six style game. It's methodical, tedious and pays attention to details very close. Of course if you play on the lower difficulty levels you don't have to worry about bullet drop, windage, proper breathing control while firing your killshot etc. But to me that misses the whole point of what the game is about. You can literally spend the better part of an hour just crawling around a single area of a war torn city, just doing foward recon work, when trying to find a pesky Russian Sniper out there trying to kill you, only to learn that the route you thought was the best... isn't. And by the time you've found a new route of attack... the bastid has moved positions too. Spent 2 full hours once playing hide & go seek with an enemy sniper in Mission 3

It's a damn good game, but seriously, if you lack patience it's not the game for a gamer. My only complaint was not being able to truly utilize micro terrain in toto, nor build a guhillie suit.

With swords & guns, I kick ass. The future beware!