Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
I count mail order games....they were SOLD to the public. To clarify. I personally would not count Half Life...it wasnt released to the public. Again, the DP guide is going to do what it feels right. I just see that any game that you were not able to buy in a different category.

This makes sense to me. If a game was available for purchase in store or mail-order it's a "retail" release. If there was no way to buy it when it was released it's not. So to me something that was available as a rental only is not a "retail" release. Back to Bingo, I just don't get how something made by a major manufacturer has only turned up once. Those one only Atari 2600 games were made by tiny companies who probably only made 20-200 games to begin with. If there was a story about how Bingo was recalled and destroyed but a few got out or something that would make sense. A company like RCA wouldn't manufacture something in quantities of less than thousands. I did see Bingo on a list for one of those Studio II clones though so who knows.

y-bot