Thread: Nother BB sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nother BB sale.

The Blockbusters round these parts are running another buy 2 previously viewed get 1 free sale. This applies to video games as well. I am seeing more and more PS2 games in the $6.99 to $9.99 range.

Example:

Dark Summit: $9.99
    State of Emergency: $9.99
    Maximo: $9.99
    Ephemeral Fantasia $9.99
    Warriors of Might and Magic: $6.99
    Most of the other $6.99 games were sports titles.

I say check it out.
    Oh yeah they also have Gamecube and XBox titles PV now.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn. i just bought maximo new from target for $15
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paying $5 more for a new title versus a half destroyed and stickered blockbuster title is a GREAT Deal IMO.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not always true Sylentwulf.

I have bought well over 70 games from BB... Including PS, Dreamcast, Nintendo64 and PS2. I have had zero problems with any of them. Not that it matters as they have a 30 day return policy for all previously veiwed stuff (video games, DVDs and Videos) so if you did run into any problems you could return it.

I've picked up Klonoa for PSone from BB for $2.99 and later sold it for about $50. I've doubled my Dreamcast collection with $6.99 games that had an additional $2.00 knocked off each one when they run that sale. I don't know how many $2.99 PSones games I got from them and just all around great titles including Final Fantasy Tactics, Breath Of Fire IV and V, Duke NukeEM Total Meltdown. Most of the games don't have stickers anywhere on them. And those that do...I can live with as long as I can play the game. Not to mention hardware like memory cards for $1.99 and joypads for $4.99.

BB is an awesome resorce for games. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moycon
    BB is an awesome resorce for games. Don't let anyone tell you different.
    ill tell you different. ive bought a few games from blockbuster, and they've all been scratched and stickered. and none of them come with instructions. the games all worked, and it doesnt mean its not worth the price they sell em for, but i agree with sylentwulf, id rather have a new games for 15, than a used one for 10.

you must have some damn good blockbusters in your area moycon. ive never seen any ps1 games for 2.99, and the ones they have always suck.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have to agree, you must have some DAMN NICE BB's in your area. I actually only have 2 small ones nearby (Within 30 miles) and I've never been at all impressed Movie Gallery pretty much OWNZ NH
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i much go check at the bb around me i have not been to one in a bit because i got everything worth it.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of the N64 games I have came from Blockbuster. True the stickers suck and they never have instructions but most of them at least had the boxes and they weren't all sun bleached like most former rentals.

I'll be checking out the sale.

I do agree with buying a brand new copy if it's only $5 bucks more. I like the video store sales for stuff you can't get new anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh no, I'll give you that, $5 is worth it for a new game. I was questioning the statement that all BlockBusters carry crap used products. This is definately not true.

I picked up Might and Magic for PS2 not more than 3 days ago from one of the local BB's (There are like 5 within 10 miles of my house!!!) It has the original box, instuctions, and I don't recall the first sticker on the disc... I would have to check. Oh and did I mention it was $6.99??? If I got one more $6.99 title (which I didnt because they were all sports titles. I could've had 3 PS2 games for $14.00. Argue all you want how bad BB sucks.... I'll keep going and buying up the games.

Buttasuperb when I purchased my house I made sure there wasn't a trailer park within 10 miles which might explain the quality of the used products around my area. :P

But yeah come ta think of it.... the BB's near me are all pretty nice. All I'm saying is , if you're in an area (other that around your own house ) and you see a BB you might wanna stop, you never know what good deal you might find, especially now that they are pretty much clearing out the DC, PSone, GB and N64 games to make room for the new stuff.