Wow I've been looking at making some snes repros to sell and I had no idea how huge of an interest there is in them. I've made a few personal proto reprogrammable carts and they worked great, a single repro is a piece of cake.

So I have a great source of next to free donor carts, I know for a fact Troy Aikman's Football makes an excellent up to 32 mbit lo-rom games with 64 kb of sram. It can also be converted to hi-rom if need be though I would rather find another similar donor game that is already internally masked to hi-rom pinout, shouldn't be too hard to find a bunch from my source.

However games that use add-on chips would be too costly as there are some chips that only one or two games used. (Megaman X 2 and X 3 come to mind) so keep that in mind. Also for eproms/flash chips I have another source that I can get them from for pretty cheap, and I calculated the cost of chips to be at most ~$25.00, that would be for a 32 Mbit game. For tales of phantasia or star ocean it would be more like $35 minimum in the chips.

I am trying to gauge interest before i plunk down some money on the initial investment. Here are some caveats to me making and selling some repros:

1. 1 MB 8-bit eproms or flash chips are a bit hard to come by, and I don't think my source has any atm. I could use twice the amount of 0.5 MB eproms, but honestly anything more than 16 Mbit would be more trouble than it's worth with 0.5 MB eproms. That would require me cramming 8 of them in the cart for 32 Mbit and 12 for tales or star ocean, which quite frankly ain't happening. If I can get a hold of 1 MB 8-bit eproms though then it's no trouble at all. As far as cost goes though 0.5 MB eproms are about half or less the price of 1 MB ones so price would be about the same using either chip.

2. As far a the label goes I have neither the equipment nor the artistic talent to make nice labels. So you can either make your own label and apply it when you get the game OR you could sen your design to me and I could get it printed at a print shop or something this is really the only part I am not totally sure on the cost.

3. Provided the game you want a repro of is 16Mbit max or I can get some 1 MB eproms, the solder work isn't all that much work and I won't likely charge more than $15 for the service. If that is not the case (over 16 Mbit or I can't get the 1 MB eproms). I probably won't do it unless you really motivate me.

4. Only non commercially released or fan translated games. I want people to enjoy games that were never officially released in cart form they way they were meant to be enjoyed. I have no interest is starting up a bootlegging business.

5. I might be willing to do a repro in trade for some retro gaming goodness. What am I interested in? Just about anything and everything console and handheld related. If you think you have something I might want don't hesitate to let me know.

Also this is all still up in the air if I am going to start this up. So don't get your hopes up, If I get enough serious interest and I can get all my ducks lined up in a row, I'll start taking a few orders. At this point prices aren't set but I can probably get most games made from $40 to $60. Smaller games would be cheaper of course. That includes the parts and labor but not shipping.