Thread: Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra (Turbo Duo and Snes)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra (Turbo Duo and Snes)

I was wondering how the Turbo Duo version of Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra is? It goes for a fair price and I want to get it, but detailed info on this version is somewhat hard to come by.

Also how is the Snes version? I'm sure the sound isn't as good as the Duos (I'm assuming the Duo version is red booked), but the screen shots I have seen look just as good and a complete copy is much MUCH cheaper than the Duo version.

Any info, pros or cons would be appreciated on these!!!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

C'mon DP!

Does no one here have Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra for the Turbo Duo or even the Snes? If I can't get info on these games from DP then there is no way I'll get info on them anywhere else. So help me out collectors!
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah I have it for snes. Truthfully it's not a great game over all. You looking for a copy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mills View Post
    yeah I have it for snes. Truthfully it's not a great game over all. You looking for a copy?
    I eventually want to get a copy. I am more so wondering how the respective Turbo Duo and Snes ports are compared to the PC version.

For example the PC and Turbo Duo versions have a widescreen playfield and display all 8 characters including both hirelings at the bottom of the screen. The Snes version has a fullscreen playfield and only displays the 6 characters at the bottom of the screen.

So in this respect I would say the Turbo Duo version is better and more faithful than the Snes version, but this is only from the few screen shots that I have been able to compare. It's detailed info like this that I am looking for.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Might and Magic 3 on the PC was a great game.

Never played it on the Turbo Duo, but it plays like ass for the SNES. On the SNES, the movement speed is pretty much a crawl in comparison to the PC version. I'd recommend against it unless you just want to own it. Other than that, graphics are the same and it has all the same features the PC version has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEqdC7Tmdw

Some people claim the game the Turbo Grafx version to be better than the Pc version. It has its own appeal and it seems pretty decent by this video. (no I don't own it requires quite a bit of scratch to pu rchase)
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

PC Engine version looks good actually. Didn't bother to look into that it was CD based as I assumed it was card being the SNES game was cartridge. The game also doesn't have slowdown from hell the SNES game carries so I'd say it's worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Might and Magic 3 on the PC was a great game.

Never played it on the Turbo Duo, but it plays like ass for the SNES. On the SNES, the movement speed is pretty much a crawl in comparison to the PC version. I'd recommend against it unless you just want to own it. Other than that, graphics are the same and it has all the same features the PC version has.
    Yeah! You aren't joking. I decided to try the Rom of the Snes version and the walking was slow as hell! The graphics and music were really good, but the slow speed probably adds an extra 50+ hours to the game...

Other than that and the differences I stated above it seems like a solid port. I liked all the little touches like the "screen roll" effect when you enter places. But the speed kills it for me... unless there is a run option that I couldn't find, I think i'll be skipping the Snes port.

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmount View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssEqdC7Tmdw

Some people claim the game the Turbo Grafx version to be better than the Pc version. It has its own appeal and it seems pretty decent by this video. (no I don't own it requires quite a bit of scratch to pu rchase)
    THANK YOU! I have spent forever trying to find a video of the Turbo version! I always searched for it using "Turbo" or "Turbo Duo" and I see neither are in his search tags! XD Oh well, live and learn.

I'm glad to hear it has an awesome redbook soundtrack like I had assumed it would. And everything looks solid and and it moves much faster than the Snes version. Looks like this will be the next game I add to my Turbografx collection.

Thanks for the help eveyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    Yeah! You aren't joking. I decided to try the Rom of the Snes version and the walking was slow as hell! The graphics and music were really good, but the slow speed probably adds an extra 50+ hours to the game...
    And people say the Chrono Trigger port was unplayable.