Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Street Fight IV is badass. Play more like Third Strike if you ask me.

Anyways. I don't own the game, but played it on the 360 last night and this morning for a few hours. Matt's friend Jordan is the one who picked it up, and like all other fighting games, we switch controllers depending on who loses. Me, Steve, Matt, Jordan, and Adam were there(though Adam didn't play since he's never played a fighting game other than Soul Calibur.)

Here's how it all went down. My turn is up. Chose Ken as I'm more of a fan of him than Ryu. 55 Wins later I'm still playing and missed hanging out with my friend Jeremy and two girls we're supposed to go drinking with. That's actually when I left. I called them and said I'd be right there, an hour late.

Stopped back over at Matt's house to play Street Fighter 4 again last night and spent the night, played it once I woke up for about two hours. At that point, I played nothing but ranking(which was untouched by anyone except for me playing it.) So I ended up getting 3, 5, and 10 wins in a row to get gamerscore on Jordan's XBOX Live account, along with around 30 - 40 extra wins, also a few losses. In the morning when I woke up, Matt's XBOX Live account was signed on, got him 3, 5, and 10 wins in a row as well. With Matt's record, I ended up getting three losses and about 50 wins though. Matt ending with 1400 points and Jordan ending with 1000.

So the question I have to ask. It's Street Fighter. Where are all the pros? I'd assume they'd be on but I've rarely fought a person who was any good. I've atleast gotten 90 wins and about 10 or less losses(I didn't look around to check and see where you could find wins either, though the rank points are posted above.) Between both of the Live accounts I played to get their stats up, my rank on points(if added together and paired against others on the listings) would be rank 100-110(that's in less than half a day worth of playing the game.)

There are some things I dislike about the game though, amazing as it is. Ryu and Ken's spin kicks are now useless against anyone that has common sense unless used to counter in the air(but then I'd rather just jump and do a High Kick and land to shoot a Hadoken in their face.) Another thing is just how over powered Zangief is, more so than before, so you had to turtle while fighting him before, you have to do so more this time around. Last. Why put Akuma in the game other than being an overpowered version of Ryu and Ken(no one has to answer this, I just think it just gives an unfair advantage to people who are actually better and use characters like Ryu or Ken against someone who gets "lucky" and lands Akuma's "take 1/2 the damage off special" and his air Hadoken attacks.)

Then about the online. What pisses me off is sometimes it actually takes upwards over 2-3 minutes before you actually are able to join a game. Quick match, match up, sorry you can't join the game, or, sorry you can't join the game someone is already in it. Or something like that. Other than that, I've only had some lag two matches(one was a second delay time, the other was actually extremely low framerate.) For around 100 matches of online ranking, two with lag isn't bad at all.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 02-18-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.