Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GameStop will stop taking in original Xbox stuff Feb. 9th

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunface View Post
    Personally, I don't care what they sell the disc only copies for. I'm not going to buy them. I'll always go for CIB. But it drives me nuts that they have to put 3, sometimes even 4 stickers on them.
    I'm not saying you'd have to buy that stuff to keep it. It is good to have 25 cent disc only last games around, though.

In my case, I have at least 2 sources locally who will take any last gen games (including disc only) off my hands for anywhere from $1 to $4 of cash or store credit which I can use to buy some good stuff such as dvd's, other video games, cd's, books, etc.

If you have any stores or shops nearby that do such a store credit or trade in for disc only stuff, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a bunch of the 99 cent games when they are down to 75% off, making them 25 cents.

Lots of pawn shops or flea market sellers (those who you could sell games to) don't always give a damn if they are disc only or not. Most of the time, they price all of the games the same either way.

And if you put in a little research, you'll find someone locally who is slow on the uptake/current events to give you upwards of $3-4 per game whether it is complete or not, just as long as it is Xbox.

You ever see flea market tables overpricing Xbox stuff? If you don't now, I bet someday you will. You know darn well there are idiots at flea markets or other private sellers that might not have internet access or ever visit a Gamestop who'll charge $5-10 or more for any Xbox game. If you can get them to buy 25 cent games from you for a much higher sum, why pass it up?

I've actually made more profit in my area cleaning up on last gen sports games I invested all of $0.50 to $1 into than I ever did from finding and flipping rares. There are plenty of older people nearby who sell stuff around town but don't visit Gamestop and don't know the video game market at all.
    Last edited by bangtango; 02-12-2009 at 12:54 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the cases just have a lot of sticker remnants on them, just use Goo-Gone. Nothing works better for sticker parts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    StomachEarth

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    If the cases just have a lot of sticker remnants on them, just use Goo-Gone. Nothing works better for sticker parts.
    I do use that stuff, but nothing really works for the sticker inside on the paper. I'm thinking of trying the Maniac Mansion method and putting it in the microwave to melt the glue.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had to remove a video store label off an N64 warning label the other day. I used a hair dryer to warm up the top sticker, then after 10 or so seconds I slowly lifted till it came off. To clean up the leftover adhesive, I used a small amount of goo gone on a paper towel and rubbed till the glue came off. It didn't damage the gray warning label at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Step 1: Go to Gamestop.
    Step 2: Pick up these games for $5 each:

Halo
    Halo 2
    Chronicles of Riddick
    Jet Set Radio Future
    Munch's Oddysee
    Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    Panzer Dragoon Orta
    Conker: Live and Reloaded

Step 3: Enjoy your awesome Xbox collection of great games not available on other systems.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TwinChargers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last I checked Halo and Halo 2 are still $10 and $12 respectively.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    StomachEarth

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    I had to remove a video store label off an N64 warning label the other day. I used a hair dryer to warm up the top sticker, then after 10 or so seconds I slowly lifted till it came off. To clean up the leftover adhesive, I used a small amount of goo gone on a paper towel and rubbed till the glue came off. It didn't damage the gray warning label at all.
    I'll try it, thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0) TwinChargers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anybody else noticed that there online inventory has been fluctuating with new used titles from day to day? Makes me think that they may not have stopped taking in regular Xbox titles.

Another somewhat demoralizing note, I have yet to see any type of clearance sale on any of the Xbox games or items. If they really wanted to clear out there inventory, you'd think they'd be a bit more active about it.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

Quote Originally Posted by Gunface View Post
    I do use that stuff, but nothing really works for the sticker inside on the paper. I'm thinking of trying the Maniac Mansion method and putting it in the microwave to melt the glue.
    Un-Du (hard to find but it's usually on ebay and amazon). This will remove anything off ps2/xbox/etc artwork and off cart labels without damaging the ink. I love this stuff so much.