Games to add:
    Alien Soldier
    Eliminate Down
    Langrisser Hikari II
    Monster World IV
    Panorama Cotton
    Twinkle Tale
    Yu Yu Hakusho – Makiyou Toitsusen
    As much as I would want Monster World IV would be on there it never will as it wasn't released in North America, so the other games wont either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Add: Super SF2

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know which ones to remove but here is quick list of great games for the Genesis. I do agree that Sonic 3 should stay on the list since I and most gamers consider this game to be the best of the series. The original Madden should be on the list since it was responsible for the JM movement!

Buck rogers. Great action RPG!
    POPULOUS. Great!
    Warsong. No Warsong??
    El Viento. Seriously, I can't believe this game is not on the list!
    Exile! Bad ass! Action/RPG
    Might and magic RPG Great game!
    Marvel land. Very Underated
    TMNT The Hyperstone Heist
    ALEX THE KID IN THE ENCHANTED CASTLE No kid?! This game when back to it's roots on the Genesis!
    Warriors of the Eternal Sun. Great RPG too!
    Last edited by g2000; 02-28-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sonic 2 and both ecco the dolphins. I never found another genesis game I liked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Combine Shining in the Darkness and Shining Force as "Shining - series" and add Monster World series.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Castlevania Bloodlines / The New Generation should be in the list too. Loved it.

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    How can you forget Mortal Kombat 2?!
    how can you forget any Mortal Kombat...

don't know which to remove though... HELP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Why have 50 different games on the list? You could just put 1 game and have 52!!!!

I'm talking Action 52, that game is awesome as hell!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, General Chaos!

That is 1 of my all time fav Genny games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Am I the only one that loved Ghostbusters on the Genesis?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So everyone forgot about Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck World Of Illusion that game was great, and X men. These two games got to be in the top 10 co-op genesis games or top 20.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

General Chaos, multiplayer epicness.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

leave valis iii as it is for its amazing gameplay and soundtrack (belive me you haven't lived until you have heard nizetti's theme it is superb) add el viento and madden 92 and remove madden 93

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Xplosive18

I'm saddened by the lack of Ristar on this list. A game which maybe the best platformer on the system. The arm swinging mechanic was original and the graphics and sounds rivaled any game in the 16 bit generation. I think you can give Super Hang-On the boot as I don't see what was so great about that game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ButtonMasher123 View Post
    I'm saddened by the lack of Ristar on this list. A game which maybe the best platformer on the system. The arm swinging mechanic was original and the graphics and sounds rivaled any game in the 16 bit generation. I think you can give Super Hang-On the boot as I don't see what was so great about that game.
    and I think you should take that back I would defienetly keep super hang on. I have played it for 16 years and it was utterly superb

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Why is Altered Beast on here? That game is horrible, it wasn't even good when it was released, and it's seriously a crap title now.

Madden 93' and NHL '95 are oddball choices as well. NHL 97' is better than 95. You may as well represent both as series. Also, the whole Illusion series should be represented here rather than just Castle of Illusion.

Also, I think these games should get on there somewhere:

General Chaos
    Ristar
    TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist
    Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Cherry (Level 1) PresidentLeever's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    Please keep Gain Ground, seriously.

As much as I would want Monster World IV would be on there it never will as it wasn't released in North America, so the other games wont either.
    Are you saying we need a Mega Drive topic?

Anyway, there have been many posts in agreement here but no change to the original post. What gives?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas
    Thunder Force 4 (Lightening Force - Quest for Darkstar) - The problem with creating a masterpiece is that your later work will pale in comparison. But I think that's unfair, especially in regards to TF4. After a slow start, Technosoft builds the excitement and the tension, and builds until the game reaches a fever pitch in the final levels. Every bit the perfect follow-up to TF3. To save space, I'd suggest listing Thunder Force as a series.
    I completely agree, TF4/LF was the pinnacle of the series and really pushed the MD/GEN to the limits in terms of audio and visual presentations. The challenge and duration are also greatly improved upon over TF3 as the game presents good balance and step-by-step difficulty increase. Potential for scoring difference is also present making the game more indepth than TF3. I too would be satisfied with a series listing for the Thunder Force games to save space.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo
    Why is Altered Beast on here? That game is horrible, it wasn't even good when it was released, and it's seriously a crap title now.

Madden 93' and NHL '95 are oddball choices as well. NHL 97' is better than 95. You may as well represent both as series. Also, the whole Illusion series should be represented here rather than just Castle of Illusion.

Also, I think these games should get on there somewhere:
    Ristar
    NHL '97? Eh, I recently retried this and wasn't impressed at all. However, I once enjoyed it back in the heyday. As it stands I'm very satisfied seeing arguably the most time consuming NHL game on the list. Currently I'm engaged in another season long quest for the cup in 95 and it's likely I'll do it again afterwards.

Altered Beast is rubbish, compared to other fare around.

Ristar is a terrific platformer and one of the best late Genesis titles I became acquainted with near the end of the systems life. Wonderful graphics, solid controls and an decent soundtrack put this near the quality of the other Sonic Team titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart
    - Why is NHL '95 on there instead of NHL '94 which is usually considered to be the best hockey game ever?
    NHL '94 (& NHLPA 93) is a good game but NHL '95 really tried to improve the series and I think it accomplished that. NHL '96 and beyond were ok but it never really caught the lustre and control the one-off NHL '95 managed.

About the list, looks pretty good otherwise. Interesting to see Mega Bomberman, perhaps I'll need to give that a go if it's truly good. I don't know how it will compare to the later Saturn Bomberman but it should be worth a shot.

No love for Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Puyo Puyo and otherwise aren't interesting nor fun in my opinion. Same goes for Columns but to a lesser extent. If anything Klax gets my vote in terms of puzzle goodness. Simple and balanced challenge, something I don't believe DRMBM/PP/Columns can claim.

No The Ooze either? That's a brilliant action game with again sweet graphics and nice controls. I'm looking for a little support there. Otherwise, yeah, I hope the list gets updated. Contra the Hardcorps also gets a nod from me too. Not to mention Fire Shark. Terrific soundtrack and a good porting job make this a really cheap and great vertical shooter to obtain. Perhaps slightly easy to some, it's challenge lies in duration and seeing how you can go. Plus, the localization by Dreamworks (of Minnetonka, MN) was outstanding, pardon the cartridge label, which speaks to the point that they likely blew their budget on all other display assets.
    Last edited by fahlim003; 05-27-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My thoughts:

- No Aladdin?! Probably the only Disney-licensed game I found memorable since NES Duck Tales...

- Comix Zone is a definite keeper. There are a few completely unfair spots, but to this day there's really been nothing like it.

- Vectorman is another definite keeper. When my youngest brother saw this he commented that it looked like a PS1 game, and if the Genny could handle transparencies (god the flames on the first level boss look terrible, otherwise a beautiful game), he would be right.

- Streets of Rage and Golden Axe on the same list feels slightly redundant, I'd also like to recommend either listing GA as a series, or just listing 2 or 3...and hell, if you're gonna have both of those, might as well throw in Alien Storm, which felt a lot less generic and mixed it up with those lovely crosshair-shooting sequences.

- Columns 3 is a keeper, even if only for the 4-player mode, and for being a puzzler with super attacks that you can build up and unleash at will, much like the SFC 'Tetris Butou Gaiden,' which would have set the gold standard for Tetris clones if it hadn't been a Japan-only release.

- I'm not so sure about having non-exclusives on the list. I'm all for getting Aladdin in there because IIRC it was actually a different game from the SNES, but Earthworm Jim and any version of Street Fighter 2 are kinda questionable, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is just a re-skin/sister game to Kirby's Avalanche, plus whatever the current generation of Puyo Puyo was. I can't comment on Mega Bomberman cause I bought it off a NYC street vendor and couldn't get it to run.

- I agree with the 10 or so above who want Altered Beast off the list. Fun but not great, and being a first-generation title it had to FREEZE EVERYTHING while the digitized voices played! ><

- Gauntlet IV wouldn't be a bad pick. This Genesis-only sequel had some kinda quest mode as I remember, complete with leveling system.

- Forgotten Worlds stays. I love that game, and from looking through the replies, I don't seem to be alone.