Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Default More "threadcrapping"? This is getting tiring. -Vec

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    I'll sell you the mintest gold NWC on the planet, but my asking price is 40K..
    Are they really worth 40k? I thought they were more in the $30kish price range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Are they really worth 40k? I thought they were more in the $30kish price range.
    Dream's is worth $40k because he won't sell it for less, Nick Morgan Bought his in one of the more recent sales for $12k: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...ighlight_key=y

No one in their right mind would pay $30k for one.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, mine is worth 40K because it is in the best condition. Everyone always goes on about "condition" of these items, and every single one of them has scratches whether miniscule or not. Condition of boxes and people upgrading makes something more wanted, thus worth more. Mine has no scratches, as is in the best condition of any of the gold NWCs that exist. At the very LEAST it has "maybe" some miniscule surface scratch if you look really closely but a boxed Stadium Events in ratty shape will sell for $5000-6000 no matter what. You don't think a mint one doubles that?

There is no "market" value for this item, just last one(s) sold and the nastier ones hit $15,000. IN fact, one with the label that FELL OFF that had to be glued back on went for that at least.

In fact, Nick's cart was purchased around 3 Gold NWCs ago, so there have been 2 more than went for more than that, and 1 resold for more money.
    Nick Morgan tried to upgrade to mine a few times, so this "no one in their right mind" comment is way off base. No one in their "right mind" spends money on a lot of things.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

There's no market value for it because there's so few of them. $15,000 for an example of something that only has 25 other counterparts in existence is a good deal, regardless of condition.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    There's no market value for it because there's so few of them. $15,000 for an example of something that only has 25 other counterparts in existence is a good deal, regardless of condition.
    Well, that always depends on demand. Luckily the gold NWC is a high demand item commanding high $$$$. Some items that are one of a kind don't fetch anywhere near as much.

There's less than 25 of these, though. There's only 11-12 that have been "found" in collector's hands right now..that's what makes the rarity so tough, and I found 7 of them myself.....take my locating 7 of these out of the equation and the rarity might even be worse.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Well, that always depends on demand. Luckily the gold NWC is a high demand item commanding high $$$$. Some items that are one of a kind don't fetch anywhere near as much.

There's less than 25 of these, though. There's only 11-12 that have been "found" in collector's hands right now..that's what makes the rarity so tough, and I found 7 of them myself.....take my locating 7 of these out of the equation and the rarity might even be worse.
    How the hell did you find 7?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    How the hell did you find 7?
    He made them in his basement.

= P

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    He made them in his basement.

= P
    Heh.

But in all serious, is there like a story behind how you found each one Dream? That sounds like a good story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nick Morgan tried to upgrade to mine a few times, so this "no one in their right mind" comment is way off base. No one in their "right mind" spends money on a lot of things.
    When someone pays even $30k for one, I'll send you an apology. There hasn't been record of one selling for even close to that price, so how am I way off base? You can ask what you want for it, but until you have a buyer it's not worth $40K to anyone but you. It's insane that you think for some reason you can set the market on some of these things...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    When someone pays even $30k for one, I'll send you an apology. There hasn't been record of one selling for even close to that price, so how am I way off base? You can ask what you want for it, but until you have a buyer it's not worth $40K to anyone but you. It's insane that you think for some reason you can set the market on some of these things...
    Just remember, 9% of all known gold NWC carts have a price tag of $40,000. I would bet that 80% of the owners still wouldn't sell at $20,000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look, this thread is a WTB thread. The seller is looking to spend $16k on a Gold NWC. Looking at recent sales, it seems like a very reasonable offer. How are recent sales less of an indication of market price (as there most certainly is one), than the asking price of one owner? I mean really, where is the sense in that?

Dream can ask what he wants, I'm sure they'll be a buyer for it at that price some day. Reaslistically though, his asking price is on the extreme end of the spectrum as there has NEVER been a sale of that magnitude ever for one of these.

That's like saying War on Wheels is worth $7k monies, I'll eat my hat when it sells at that price...

Anyway, good luck to you backguard, I'm sure with time you'll be able to score one within your offering price.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if he will find someone willing to sell at 16K. Most of the ones sold in the past year or so went for that or around that. People aren't willing to part with the thing. Economy or not, most of the ones that went through me still aren't popping up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

If I found one, I would sell it for 16k. I am a collector, but for $16,000 I will "sell out."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People aren't willing to part with the thing. Economy or not, most of the ones that went through me still aren't popping up.

Really? One was JUST listed this month for a BIN of $25k. People speculate it ended in a side deal, you'd have to assume for less than the asking price. People are talking about it here: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=20459

He'll have to wait, but I figure he could make a run at one that is available in the next year for around $16k, $20K at the absolute most. Several seem to pop up yearly (same copies passed around or otherwise), can't remember the last time an entire year went by when one wasn't listed at open auction.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the most recent gold nwc did go through a private sale. from what i understand, the price was somewhere around what i am offering. someone else beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmark0673 View Post
    Really? One was JUST listed this month for a BIN of $25k. People speculate it ended in a side deal, you'd have to assume for less than the asking price. People are talking about it here: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=20459

He'll have to wait, but I figure he could make a run at one that is available in the next year for around $16k, $20K at the absolute most. Several seem to pop up yearly (same copies passed around or otherwise), can't remember the last time an entire year went by when one wasn't listed at open auction.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mrmark: It's not "several" that have been popping up, it's the same 2-3 and none of them sell on eBay, all private sales, but again, those are not in the greatest condition.

Also, notice I said "most of the ones that went through ME" are not popping up. That means the ones I sold to collectors in Europe and a few out here have NEVER popped up. Nothing more. I sold them once, and with the exception of the buyatari one to Nick Morgan and the Captain Falcon to udisi to a guy in NYC to jjgames, mine DO NOT pop up like I said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What an horribly-looking cart anyway.

I'd love to see someone paying 40'000$ for a NES cart though. Is this thing the most expensive video game object ever?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, if you're going to get a Lamborghini might as well get the nice new one instead of the scratched up one, right? That's my point. People put all this emphasis on condition and the minute I open my mouth about something for sale it's overpriced.

I seem to recall selling hundreds of games for YEARS on all these forums and others cheaper than anyone =)