Thread: July 2009 Finds

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shaq-Funaki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    Friday finds from all over:

Paid more than I usually like to for an SNES rummage lot…50 bucks, but the games were so mint and complete, I couldn’t pass it up. A number will be added to my collection, and almost all will be used for condition upgrades.

7 NES games with sleeve and book from Goodwill - $1.99 each. The Final Fantasy was marked $4.99 (perhaps because it has a larger instruction manual?), but the girl who rang me up just counted the stack and charged me the same price for all.

PSP Scrabble from ebay for $12, and I also got PSP Kiosk Discs #3 & #4 for $25 each from ebay. I got #1 last year, now I’m on the hunt for #2.

Rich
    DAMN!!!!! You really are a goodwill hunter. Nice finds

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I apologize for not having pics, but I can't find my camera (plus I had to stay up all night in order to get out hunting, so I'm DEAD tired now )

First find:

$5 Castlevania Adventure (GB)

hahaha, it's not actually a find, but I think it's hilarious how often I pay $3-5 for a game boy game because I can't remember if it's rare or not (it NEVER is!) =P

After realizing adventure was the common as hell one, I got really frustrated for a bit, since I didn't seem to be finding anything and it was soo hot (and my ebrake stopped working? NOT good, I gotta take a look when I wake up). Good thing I kept looking though, because I found:

$2 Raiden Trad (Genesis)
    $2 Venom: Maximum Carnage (Genesis)

Ok, so venom isn't a find, but it's the same deal as the castlevania, I always get em mixed up...I was probably thinking of the 32x one.

Then, something very strange caught my eye...

$5 Sega CDX

naturally I grabbed that shit up. As I'm walking away, the lady is like "uhhh, you know these games are for that system right", and shows me a few loose cd cases...I take a second look just to be nice and find

$1.50 Shining Force CD (Sega CD)

I'm pretty happy about that. No case though =/ Finally, as I was leaving, I decided I wanted to be able to play raiden and mess with the CDX, so I got

$13.50 Sega Genesis (Model 2? 3? Eh, I think it's a 2, I'll look when I wake up) with Sonic 2 NFR, Phantasy Star II, NFL 94, NHL 94, and super hang-on.

Today was a Sega day, which is interesting seeing how I never owned any sega stuff growing up. Can't wait to start it all up when I wake up

One question though, is it safe to use the Genesis AC adapter for the CDX? CDX says 9.5 volt, Genny AC says 10volt. No way do I wanna blow this thing up ^_- Also, I know nothing about segas. Can I just use S Video through that A/V port, or will it only accept the sega ones? Is there an A/C adapter for the genesis or am I stuck with RF?

P.S. I lied, that's more than one question

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll admit it I used aftermarket adapters from VCR's I had on my NES and it powered up. I think they were the same voltage though.

One thing you can do is leave it on for a few minutes and sniff in the back of the console where the wire is plugged in and the power brick. If you smell burning/ fire unplug it quickly.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try the Genesis 2 power adaptor. The information I'm seeing says that it should work, but watch out if it gets too hot.

As for video, it's the same as the Genesis 2. Whatever you use needs that specific 9-pin din connector, be it RF or AV. Or, you could ghetto-rig it like I do by shoving wires in the pins and connecting them to spare RCA cables, at least until you can get a stereo AV cable from eBay or whatever. MacGuyver would approve.

I went out today with the intention of hitting the thrifts and getting a car wash. The thrifts sucked today, so I went home empty handed. I also came home with a dirty car, because it was raining by the time I headed down to the car wash. My family is going to check out a different flea market tomorrow, so I'll see if I find anything there.

I found a few things last week, but nothing amazing. Best thing was Mario is Missing for PC, but it's technically one of those Software Toolworks combo CDs, so it's got a generic label and some World Atlas takes up most of the disc. Also, Descent II, Tomb Raider Last Revelation, Syndicate Plus, Cybermage, Stellar 7, Police Quest IV, Nox, all for PC. Also, Saturn Bootleg Demo. Everything was $2/each. Aside from Mario is Missing, I'm open to selling any of those, nothing I really want to keep personally beyond a quick play test.
    Last edited by NayusDante; 07-11-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

It's been a while since I last had any finds; most places didn't have anything I was looking for at all. However, I did find these:

- A bag of Nintendo 64 games: $4
    Inside the bag:
    - South Park (Ripped label)
    - Goldeneye 007 (Some writing on the label)
    - Super Mario 64 (Non-PC, very good shape)
    - Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt (Very good shape)
    - Gex 3: Deep Cover Gekko (Very good shape)
    - Banjo-Tooie (Near mint label)
    - Diddy Kong Racing (Non-PC, very good shape)
    - Scooby-Doo: Classic Creep Capers (Near mint)

Non-gaming items:
    - Star Trek: The Motion Picture (VHS. Extended 1983 release in very good condition): $1
    - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (VHS. Original 1982 release in very good condition): $1
    - Pokémon: Picture Perfect (VHS. In very good condition): Free
    - Atlantis: The Lost Empire (VHS. In very good condition): $.50
    - Spaceballs (VHS. In very good condition): $1
    - Batman (VHS. Near mint): $1
    - The Simpsons: Season 3 (DVD. In good shape; missing booklet): $4

I recently stumbled onto my old VCR in storage, so I've been going nuts getting some movies for it since they are so cheap. Probably the most pleasent surprise was finding the first 2 Star Trek movies; I rarely see used copies of anything Star Trek around here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumMMX View Post
    Non-gaming items:
    - Star Trek: The Motion Picture (VHS. Extended 1983 release in very good condition): $1
    I always found that edition of Star Trek TMP to be kind of funny. The way they used unfinished footage of kirks space walk and how it shows the scaffolding from the set and such.
    DERP

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

It's been a while since I posted some finds...

Super Mario Land (complete)
    Game and Watch Gallery 3 (complete)
    Earthworm Jim 2 (loose)
    Super Star Wars (loose)

Not a bad day

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I wasn't expecting to find anything... but I found WAY more than I thought I'd ever find.

Right off the bat I found Final Fantasy VII (no manual) + Bomberman (JP PS1, complete with spine card, Japanese manual, and a Chinese/English manual?!). The cost? $5 for both!

A little while later I noticed someone selling PS2 and Gamecube games for $5. I saw Shadow of the Colossus (original print) there but the disc was really damaged and the cover art was torn... So I grabbed Metroid Prime 2 instead. Apparently they had lots more games earlier, but I was late.

And then I went to another booth and saw a bunch of Saturn games that had been there for sale a couple of months ago. (I'd picked out complete copies of Panzer Dragoon and the Saturn three-game pack with Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA and Virtua Cop 2 for $10 back then, but left some sports games behind.) Today I picked out Die Hard Trilogy and Daytona USA Championship Edition. $4 for both. They still had the other three soccer games (Worldwide Soccer 96 and 97, and Striker 96) but I didn't want them. Then I noticed the booth with new jump packs, and grabbed one for $1. And just as I was leaving, I found You Don't Know Jack (PS1) for $2. WOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Mostly non game related stuff at garage sales today,

i got about 300 music cds total on the day, also an old bell and howell super 8 projector basically new in the box for $5.

My one game related find was my last stop of the day, right by my house. They had a snes system with the plugs and 2 controllers with zelda and lord of the rings both complete in the box and a loose copy of super mario world. It was marked $20 for the snes and 3 games. I also picked up about 6 cds at the house, i said would you take $15 and throw in the cds and she said sure because it was getting late in the day. This is one of the cleanest systems i have ever seen. It does not need any cleaning and has no yellowing at all. She was in her 30's so im guessing it was hers as a kid. I can make $16 just on the free cd's she thew in, so il make $1 and get a free snes system.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also had Bomberman 2nd Attack Complete and mint that I ended up selling on ebay while I was on vacation that almost paid for 1/2 the lot.

pics of the stuff I got when I went back home to indiana to visit family this past week. I brought a box of extra nes and snes carts that I have picked up over hte past few months at garage sales and flea markets, and traded those and spent $150 total. Best stuff I brought for trade was breath of fire, paladin's quest, final fantasy, and other nes stuff like tyson's, zelda, etc.

I am very happy with my deals.

Best Deal for me was trading WWE Legends of Wrestlemania for Xbox 360 for all 3 of the complete Gameboy Games. Great trade

I just need to weed through and figure out what to sell, I know the Secret of Evermore is a duplicate, and the Virtual Boy with Mario Tennis is a duplicate but don't know if I want to sell it or not.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There wasn't much of anything at sales today. I pulled Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World out of a box of audio cassettes lol. They were $0.50 each
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Traded at Next-Level for Saturn A/V cables and a loose copy of John Madden Football '93 Championship Edition. Traded away:

Loose World of Illusion
    Loose Sonic the Hedgehog (retail version, not the NFR one)
    CIB Sega Classics Golden Axe
    Loose Popolus Genesis
    Loose NBA Jam Genesis

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On Craigslist Jacksonville, I picked up xbox 360 with hdmi hook ups, 2 wireless controllers one wired, 2 hard drives, and a wireless mic. The games are call of duty 4, endwar, rainbow 6 vegas, ace combat 6, need for speed carbon, hit man blood money, guitar hero world tour with instruments (2 guitars, drums, microphone) , open season, the simpsons game, Madden 08, and ddr with the mat all for 200. *Sorry copied most of the ad*

At a flea market I picked up
    Magic Sword (Snes)
    Eek the Cat (Snes)
    Pushover *don't remember ever seeing this one before*
    and a Nes game called Flintstones Surprise at Dinosaur Peak
    All four games for 18 dollars.

The flintstones made me happier than the X-Box lol. I've wanted it for a while. And oh yeah pics tom.

Other than that
    Push on DVD for 10 new
    Picnochio, 101 Dalmations, 101 2 dalmations, New in town, and 102 dalmations for 7 a piece new. for DVD

Paul Blart Mall Cop, Marley and me *for the wife*, and Knowing for Blue Ray for 13 each all new.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While randomly looking around a used bookstore in Vancouver I saw 4 N64 games bizarrely tucked along a wall. I asked how much they were and the guy said $3. I decided to grab this one.

woo.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Not much today, just Robowarrior and Wrestlemania on NES and Trick Shot on the 2600.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    It's been a while since I posted some finds...

Super Mario Land (complete)
    Game and Watch Gallery 3 (complete)
    Earthworm Jim 2 (loose)
    Super Star Wars (loose)

Not a bad day
    How did you end up finding the US versions of 3 of the games, but the Japanese version of Super Mario Land?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    IBomberman (JP PS1, complete with spine card, Japanese manual, and a Chinese/English manual?!).
    It's probably from somewhere in Asia, but outside of Japan, originally. Maybe HK, Taiwan or Singapore?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
    While randomly looking around a used bookstore in Vancouver I saw 4 N64 games bizarrely tucked along a wall. I asked how much they were and the guy said $3. I decided to grab this one.

woo.
    Nice grab!

I was finally able to get myself a copy of the haunting!!!! It was 10 dollars:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

Default Garage Sale 7/11/09

Didn't get to many garage sales this weekend. The one I did goto had a bunch of rpgish games.

The games were $3 each, and almost all of them had the books.

MetalStorm NES
    Dragon Warrior NES
    AD&D Hillsfar NES
    AD&D Pool Of Radiance NES
    Defender Of The Crown NES
    Joust NES
    Legacy Of The Wizard NES
    Double Dragon Atari 7800

..."The One And Only"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

I was the estate sale king today, haha, I had some nice finds today at estate sales and a flea market and a church sale, im going to try and get all my finds from friday through today together and get a picture, im tired right now and im gonna lay down for a little bit.
    Autobots. Roll out.