Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

Here at NAVA(on my laptop). Great turnout so far. Wish you were here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am at work...damn you work

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need to get myself to one of these meetings. Looks so fun though rock band isn't my thing. I had family stuff today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

To everyone yesterday it was nice to see and meet you all, I had a great time.

Joe - Thanks for having us in your store again, great job on the vocals, no really good job. Everytime I goto that store you always amaze me more and more. The basement is an amazing cave as I shall call it. I literally died and went to heaven when I stepped down that last step. Kepp up the great work that you do.

Johnnyblaze - always a pleasure to see you. Ill work on a special hulk hogan nes 8bit for you for next time.

Tinkerbelle (nickname) - you always take the best and most creative pictures, love them!

The person who I forget your name that has the gameboy and camera. Loved the mini movie we made with mario! you gotta post it up here!!!!

The person who made the pac-man cookies, they were AWESOME, I could have eaten them all~! (i'm really bad with peoples names)

Everyone else- Thanks for anyone I got SNES games from, as my collection is slowly becoming complete. It was a blast to hang out with all of you and rock out on rock band. See you all next month!

mike

..."The One And Only"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

In summary,

GREAT TURNOUT! I friggin' mean it! There was PLENTY of deals going around and lots of rarities(among them an Odyssey 1 in hard case, an original Macintosh, Beatmania stil sealed, etc.) Chandler undisputedly had the BEST deals of the day. It was like a friggin flea market in itself. I kept going back time and again to buy more and more. He had so much good stuff, it made me pick up an FC Mobile II and a Game Boy Color(well, to be honest, the Pokemon Gold and Silver CIB made me do it, but Chandler's stuff helped).

I got Joe TWICE! First, as a joke, I bet that no one would could possibly want eat the bubble gum in the Donkey Kong card pack(it was from 26 years ago). But, I was proven wrong by Joe. It was funny to watch him spit and sputter it out afterward. Hope you loved the challenge! Anyways, in Rock Band, I was sick of seeing these "vocalists" so I decided to show them a little something. I put on some Iron Maiden and went into it. My metal scream scared the HELL out of Joe. BTW, that was only about 25% of my full on metal mode(my throat was a little sore from the night before), so consider yourself lucky . I will say one thing threw me off from Rock Band: I'm used to doing the song at a faster pace and not the slower pace of Rock Band. Once again, it strikes out.

Over all, I got a great haul and saw some old friends. LostDwarf impressed with his Mushroom cupcakes(but too much red dye had him calling them Bloody Rag cupcakes), Lisette impressed with her Pac-Man cookies, and of course we ate White Castle until we got sick .

I setup my laptop for some Visual Pinball, but people mostly were using it to keep up on Comic-Con(didn't realize it was that popular).

All in all, the best one I've been to by far(yeah, I've only been to two. So what?)

I have to see about next month, because I'm still waiting on ticket information for a PPV. WWE is going to be doing a PPV in Newark in October and I want to go so bad(Literally, all I have to do is take a single bus there), so I want to put money aside so I can get the best seats possible.

I had a great time and hope to see you all soon.

BTW, LostDwarf, the guy with the camera was Chris aka SuperGoldZero.
    Last edited by JohnnyBlaze; 07-26-2009 at 08:47 AM.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Lostdwarf View Post
    To everyone yesterday it was nice to see and meet you all, I had a great time.

Joe - Thanks for having us in your store again, great job on the vocals, no really good job. Everytime I goto that store you always amaze me more and more. The basement is an amazing cave as I shall call it. I literally died and went to heaven when I stepped down that last step. Kepp up the great work that you do.

Johnnyblaze - always a pleasure to see you. Ill work on a special hulk hogan nes 8bit for you for next time.

Tinkerbelle (nickname) - you always take the best and most creative pictures, love them!

The person who I forget your name that has the gameboy and camera. Loved the mini movie we made with mario! you gotta post it up here!!!!

The person who made the pac-man cookies, they were AWESOME, I could have eaten them all~! (i'm really bad with peoples names)

Everyone else- Thanks for anyone I got SNES games from, as my collection is slowly becoming complete. It was a blast to hang out with all of you and rock out on rock band. See you all next month!

mike

Dude..do you still want those games?

You haven't responded to my reply PMs..since 07-22-2009 Re: hey dude
    09:55 PM

Figured you were going to pick up the games on Friday..?

Sorry man but I don't like to just sit on wonder..If you don't want them Please let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

darryl

im off monday and tuesday so which ever is easier for you

mike

..."The One And Only"

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    ... Lisette impressed with her Pac-Man cookies ...
    Heyheyheyhey, Lissette and Frankie.

Lis and I do equal work on NAVA confectionery unless otherwise stated.

Hopefully those Pac-Man cookies broke the past NAVA curse of Pac-cookies ... though Steve "Noah's My Bro" did admittedly almost choke on one ...

... hmm ... perhaps we caused a "Final Destination" skip on cursed baked goods and the next cake will cause somebody to die of dysentery.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had an excellent time, despite getting drenched on the way back from Burger King. I got rid of some stuff, but I don't think I will be bringing anymore trade boxes, because I tend to hover around it most of the time (this was true even at the 90s NAVAs, where there was a smaller space and less people). Plus I feel like I'm undercutting Joe, even though he encourages trade boxes.

It's kind of weird (in a good way) to see people bringing their kids, I remember when some of those kids were either too small to play video games or not even born yet. AJ's son was very cute, I hope he likes his race car game.

It was great finally introducing myself to people I've seen many times! Thanks especially to Mickey (sp?) for the 2600 stuff! And the Pac-Man cookies were excellent, the mantle is passed.

Thanks to Joe for being a supremely gracious host. I hope I can make another NAVA sooner rather than later. Hopefully a mini NAVA in September.
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Lostdwarf View Post
    darryl

im off monday and tuesday so which ever is easier for you

mike

Cool Mike..

check your old and the PM I just sent you..

Thank you..

(hopefully I should be able to make the next Nava/no race going on..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Two thumbs up for the brief and well-organized tournament.

Two thumbs down for the humidity in Clifton.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice View Post
    Two thumbs up for the brief and well-organized tournament.

Two thumbs down for the humidity in Clifton.
    -Tourney was cool, the store was not Video game people + humidity = smelly.

-I took a breather in my car for 20 minutes with the A.C. on max due to a dizzy spell I had.

All in all a great show, thanks for the trades guys!
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's my poorly executed Flickr set of yesterday's festivities. If anyone wants me to remove any photos, please send me a PM and I will gladly comply.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4081561...7621717731323/
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great time as usual (just a long time since my last visit), glad that Ferg dragged me out for this one...good group as always, some serious rock band skills on display...

hot and a bit ripe at some times throughout the night no doubt

Picked up a few things, sold a few too (glad to see the stuff in use), met a few faces where I've seen the names around on here which is always good...now I just have to start frequenting here regularly again

And as always much thanks to Joe for hosting the festivities!
    feitctaj !

Insert Coin (Level 0) supergoldzero's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    supergoldzer0
    PSN
    supergoldzero

Hello everyone! I posted all the pictures and the videos I took at NAVA.

Game Boy Pictures:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=6c9fe29506

Game Boy Camera video featuring me and Michael P:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHVS-1pVdqg

Game Boy Camera video of Mario turning into Raccoon Mario [Thank you Michael "Lostdwarf" for the help with making this]:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZb_96XwBA

I had a wonderful time at the meeting as per usual and I will post further impressions a little later after I am done playing some games. I want to try to beat Super Contra [Arcade version on one credit] and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City today. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by supergoldzero; 07-26-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

I know me and my other SJC cohorts enjoyed ourselves. Next time I come up i will be bringing some SJC flavor to NAVA with some 2D fighter action (except to see some import oddities good and bad).

Until next time...
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

Always a great NAVA!
    GrandAmChandler did have awesome games to sell, just wish I had extra cash to spend.
    I realized when I got their I was piratically right on, with my post (DVDs for sale). Only difference was they were priced @ 5.00 and then you get one free.

Any how:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    I have to see about next month, because I'm still waiting on ticket information for a PPV. WWE is going to be doing a PPV in Newark in October and I want to go so bad(Literally, all I have to do is take a single bus there), so I want to put money aside so I can get the best seats possible.
    So this is confirmed?? If so it looks like you will be competing with me for seating... Also expect to pay a nice penny. This is gonna be hard since their is no seating chart for wrestling were going to have wait a awhile. Also I rather see them in the Izod Center, I have been to almost everyone except 4 of them. Their seating is so much better.
    Long story short: I remember when my mom bought us (me,brother,gram,and herself) tickets to 2001 K.O.T.R. she tried all day and nothing. Until later on in the afternoon she tried again and boom! six row back, well for $400.00 + per ticket we also got the Signature PPV Chair!!
    Last edited by Hitman Tyler; 07-26-2009 at 04:57 PM.
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WolfpacLeader
    PSN
    wolfpacleader86

They haven't released ticket info and it's not on their site, but I read it on a wrestling news site. I've been to Izod a few times. Last time I went to a live show was RAW back in April of last year(where Regal stopped the show early). I'm hoping to go, considering that WWE hasn't run a show in this immediate area since about '88 or '89(they used to do small shows in the Dunn Sportscenter).

Plus, I want to be there when the homies beat down John Cena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had an awesome time. Thanks Chandler for the 3do; I was not expecting a console port of Wolfenstein to be that much better than the original.

Next time I will certainly bring more stuff, and I will also need a new 2600 (unless I find one over the next couple of weeks).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

where are all the pictures??????

..."The One And Only"