Thread: Which IP/Franchise would you like to own?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mortal Kombat.

Throw the entire current universe out the window and start from scratch in whole other universe. It'd be stylized art like KoF and Blazblue.

The new universe would focus on a Planet that is ruled by 4 races: The Elements, The Creatures, the Flesh and the Brutes.

The Element(al)s would be like Jade, Rain, etc. Their living elements, not humans in colored swaps. FOr example, Rain would look like the Johnny Storm but water based.

The Creatures would be Scorpion, Reptile, Etc. They'd be hybrids - they would shape shift into their creature forms during combo sequences (like XII in SF3). It would also cause new good / bad factions to emerge within the races.

The flesh would be a human like race that has your Liu Kangs, Kitanas, etc. There would be a heirarchy based system so that rather than random military / cop / kung fu peeps, it would be a systematic choice based on combat training levels. The new Striker would be like a castle card, Liu King would be the chosen son, Kitana his bridesmaid, Raiden would be the King, Sonia a Tactician / Field Commander, etc.

Brutes would be the clay types - Kintaro, Motaro, Goro, etc, but with a twist. They'd be deeper in the gene pool history of the races (for example, Kintaro's father could have been a Creature and his mother a Flesh), and any riding creatures like Motaro's horse aspect would have a smaller brute rider on him.

Fatalities, brutalities, stage-alities, and a custom-ality all follow suit, with one important aspect: The losing player gets the chance to counter the fatality at the last second with a two button / button direction press. The press would be a single QTE that is different for every fatality. For example, to stop Scorpion's Toasty, you'd Press Back + Punch to Back Flip out of the way - essentially a Mercy in reverse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Super Mario Bros., 'cuz the money would be nice

Strawberry (Level 2) Game Freak's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EDIT - Strike all the below. After further consideration, I would DEFINITELY get Rare back with Nintendo, and make more Donkey Kong Country Games. David Wise FTW!!!!

I'd either take Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, or Capcom.

If I took Zelda, I would halt all production of any more sh*tty DS games and focus on console games that DIDN'T suck as hard as TP did. I loved the graphics. The concept of transforming into a wolf was totally 1337, but the story and plot sucked hard.

If I took Mario, i would put an end to all these freakin sports games already and make sure we had at least 3 full length games on each system (And not have them 5 years apart!)

If I took Pokemon, i would fix the handheld games for the future, swapping the graphics so the map was 2D, like Ruby and Saphirre (or even back to GSC) and have the graphics be a 3D Pokemon Stadium-style graphics. I would also add back the storyline console games. Colosseum and XD were great IMO.

Finally, if I took capcom...let's see here...I'd make a sequel to GunSmoke, harken the Resident Evil Series, to a fixed camera, scared shitless survival horror. And lastly, I'd have them relicensed to Disney (if possible )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Megaman.

The blue bomber would remain in his 8-bit goodness and all the other games would be eradicated from history like the ancient Egyptians did with Hatshepsut.
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

The King of Fighters. Hell, the entire KOF/AOF/FF extended universe.

I could force SNK to develop Garou 2 and AOF IV that way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Either Resident Evil or Timesplitters

I'd take RE back to the fixed camera route as well. Although I'd probably start a new storyline without all the characters returning (Wesker can only die so many times).

And Timesplitters is probably my favorite console FPS. I'd definitely make a 4th installment and keep the excellent gameplay with humor thrown in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In addition to Streets of Rage I'll add:

Shining Force
    Dark Wizard
    Eternal Champions
    Battle Arena Toshinden

Strawberry (Level 2) sebastiankirchoff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    NoSleepTillMnhtn
    Steam
    laserdiscfan

While it may seem crazy, I would take over the "Army Men" games and make them awesome. I actually liked the concept of Army Men games, but they weren't very popular and some of them sucked (Sarges Heroes on N64). I think if a "Valkyria Chronicles" style gameplay was used, with the different units having strengths and weaknesses along with a turn-based combat system, it would make an awesome game.
    500th Post! December ?, 2010

Movies in Theatres I Have Last Seen
    Fair Game: 4/5
    Fighter, The: 4.5/5
    Tamara Drewe: 4/5

Insert Coin (Level 0) Azraelscross's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy. I'd take it in quite a different direction. Not that i don't like the current direction its just not something i'd go for personally if i was a designer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Game Freak View Post
    If I took Zelda, I would halt all production of any more sh*tty DS games and focus on console games that DIDN'T suck as hard as TP did. I loved the graphics. The concept of transforming into a wolf was totally 1337, but the story and plot sucked hard.
    I hope Nintendo continues to keep Zelda out of the hands of the likes of you.