Thread: Retro Gamer for US citizens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by savageone View Post
    I'm curious: Are Retro Gamer subscriptions to the US shipped in envelopes just as they are when you order from the store?

I'm still iffy on it even at this price, mostly because I was pretty sickened by the crap Stuart Campbell pulled over at Neo-Geo.com a few months back. Basically he was called on some errors in an article he wrote, but instead admitting to it or entitling everyone to their own opinions he created this giant ego driven mess, registered multiple accounts to defend himself with against the infamous neo-geo.com slaughter house, and never once attempted to save any face.

It's the only time I've seen a 40 year old man devolve into a 10 year old boy. You could make a top 50 list he said so many stupid things there, telling your readers to "die in chemical fires" sticks out for me though. :P

Now every time I see something written by him in any issue I just think of that and it's all ruined. Bleh.
    SC is an idiot, he doesn't care about writing, he once admitted. He wrote for a less than average Amiga magazine in the UK way back. Don't even waste time telling him he's written something wrong. He doesn't research. I wonder why RG so desperate to keep that birthdefect. I cut out his bad writing from RG every issue.

Anyway, any chance of Europe specials?
    Last edited by tom; 09-13-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) timewarpgamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Loving the price drop

I've been picking up RG monthly from B&N (the only place I can find it in the Washington, DC area) for a few years. It used to cost around $12 a pop--insanely expensive for a magazine, but it has such great variety and writing that I always plunked down the cash without thinking twice. At $10 an issue, RG is a steal! I think it's the best video game magazine on the market, and it's been a fantastic source for various features at my website.

Hadn't heard about the new $80 subscription deal. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. That's pretty awesome, I just might have to go for it, because it drives me crazy when I lose track of time and B&N sells out of an issue.
    I run TimeWarpGamer, dedicated to 8/16-bit retro gaming. I'm also on Twitter, which is ideal for following the latest retro updates.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timewarpgamer View Post
    I've been picking up RG monthly from B&N (the only place I can find it in the Washington, DC area) for a few years. It used to cost around $12 a pop--insanely expensive for a magazine, but it has such great variety and writing that I always plunked down the cash without thinking twice. At $10 an issue, RG is a steal! I think it's the best video game magazine on the market, and it's been a fantastic source for various features at my website.

Hadn't heard about the new $80 subscription deal. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. That's pretty awesome, I just might have to go for it, because it drives me crazy when I lose track of time and B&N sells out of an issue.
    10% off if you have a B&N card as well...