Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2009 Finds

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PS1: Lunar 1 (everything but Soundtrack), Lunar 2 (everthing), Saga Frontier, Grandia (complete), Dragon Warrior 7 (complete), Tactics Ogre (game and box), FF origins (gh complete), FF8 (gh sealed), FF Chronicles (gh complete), 2 copies of Vagrant Story (1 complete, 1 box and game), Legend of the Dragoon (gh complete), Suikoden (disc only), Chronicles of the Sword (complete), FF9 (gh complete), FF anthology (gh complete), Chrono Cross (gh, sealed), Valkyrie Profile (complete), Star Ocean 2nd Story (complete), Ogre Battle Limited Edition (disc only), Saga Frontier 2 (disc only), Xenogears (gh, complete)

PS3 games: Enchanted Arms, Turok, WWE Smackdown 2008, Viking

$200

This was the most annoying Craigslist deal I've ever had to do, but it was worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Got 5 SNES games for 3.99 each and a CDi remote control for 2.99 (the initial pack in one) all from Value Village. There was also an Atari 5 inch floppy drive but I already have one and dont really need another.
    DERP

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    my finds this weekend include my wife giving birth to two twin baby boys..named Luke and Logan. Both seem primed and ready for their first nintendo experience!
    Congrats!

Haven't gone out this weekend as I have a cold but I did receive my Neo Geo AES (JAP) in the mail from ebay today. I've wanted one for years and I finally got one for a pretty good deal.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Zelda Majora's Mask X2 one cart only $2 one factory sealed $10
    Zone of the Enders CIB $5
    RE2 cart only $1
    Star Tropics CIB $2

Wish I could find stuff like this every weekend!

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    Zelda Majora's Mask X2 one cart only $2 one factory sealed $10
    Zone of the Enders CIB $5
    RE2 cart only $1
    Star Tropics CIB $2

Wish I could find stuff like this every weekend!
    Very nice on the FS and CIB games!
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kuros View Post

PS1: Lunar 1 (everything but Soundtrack), Lunar 2 (everthing), Saga Frontier, Grandia (complete), Dragon Warrior 7 (complete), Tactics Ogre (game and box), FF origins (gh complete), FF8 (gh sealed), FF Chronicles (gh complete), 2 copies of Vagrant Story (1 complete, 1 box and game), Legend of the Dragoon (gh complete), Suikoden (disc only), Chronicles of the Sword (complete), FF9 (gh complete), FF anthology (gh complete), Chrono Cross (gh, sealed), Valkyrie Profile (complete), Star Ocean 2nd Story (complete), Ogre Battle Limited Edition (disc only), Saga Frontier 2 (disc only), Xenogears (gh, complete)

PS3 games: Enchanted Arms, Turok, WWE Smackdown 2008, Viking

$200

This was the most annoying Craigslist deal I've ever had to do, but it was worth it.
    Very nice Craigslist deal Kuros! But I'm curious, why was it so annoying?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That CL find certainly warrants an explanation. Storytime! Storytime!

I hung out with an old friend today, and we went to the movies. He had never been to Play N Trade, or even noticed it one shop away from the theater, so of course we go in. I actually found something I've been looking for forever, Equinox. Also picked up three others. I can't turn down $2.99 CIB Genesis platformers like those. I've also always wondered about Lagoon.

Later we hit the mall, and FYE had buy-two-get-third-50%-off. Flipping through the used anime bin, I immediately find both volumes of Macross Plus, and decently priced too (!!!). I've been wanting those forever. Flip through the bin some more and find Robot Hunter Casshan, which I've been looking for almost as long, after seeing it there one week but not the next when I had looked it up. $25 for the three.

Rocket Knight Adventures - $2.99
    Tinhead - $2.99
    Lagoon - $4.99
    Equinox - $7.99

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Very nice Craigslist deal Kuros! But I'm curious, why was it so annoying?
    Around 11:30am today I was checking my RSS feed that keeps track of Craigslist postings and I noticed an ad that said "Tons of PS1 and PS2 rpgs!" so I called the number on the ad and decided to check it out. I talk to the seller and we talked over price a bit so I said "I have a couple hundred." and he agrees and gives me his address.

So my brother and I make the 45 minute drive and I meet up with the guy. We exchange greetings and go in his house to check it out. The seller has a ton of great PS1 and PS2 games and I wanted all of them like I mentioned so I offered $200, to which he said that he couldn't do that. So what was a 5 minute deal turned into a 45 minute deal because this guy kept going on about how he had rebought some of these games time and time again and how much it cost him. I had to tell him, "Listen, this may seem callous but as the buyer in this situation, what matters to me is how much I'd be buying these items for."

But he wouldn't take $250 for the PS1 and PS2 games and I told him that I didn't have much more than that. I told him that I didn't expect to come over and pay $500 for the lot so finally we ended up with an agreement, which is what I got below.

Did I mention this whole time while we are talking, his 6 year old daughter is yapping on about Aslan the Lion from The Chronicles of Narnia? For fucking 45 minutes she talked non-stop about Aslan. Well, she did take a break from Aslan to talk about Rugrats, but near the end of this deal, I wanted to throw her out the window. But, I restrained myself and was very nice to her.

The guy had weird ass pricing though. He put more value of Xenosaga 1 and 2 (which are worth about 5 each), over Valkyrie Profile, which is worth 75-100. Weird.

Anyway, it was worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    Got 5 SNES games for 3.99 each
    What SNES games did you get?
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 10-11-2009 at 04:33 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

FLEA MARKET>

Cold,windy on and off rainy day ..

We walked around for hours ..I didn't find much..A vendor I know mentioned a bare dirty written on with Codes NES I saw earlier in the day for $15.00...and I mentioned another bare NES deck I saw for $50.00(it's rare man)

Before we left I did a final pass...

I ran into a bare Colecovision Discolored Odyssey 4000 and this NES stuff..The guy must of just put it out as it was late already and I didn't see it

$15.00 for all the NES.and $5.00 for three extra NES plugs

Picked up a
    Schwinn Predator Point Five CB (says pro.5)2007 or 2006
    I can't find the bike info on it directly online yet.
    http://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2007&Brand=Schwinn&Model=Preda tor+Point+Five+CB&Type=bike
    For my Son..

It was $50.00 but I talked the guy down to $20.00 as the bike was filthy,needed a rear tube,tire off rim and adjustments
    Got it home put in a tube,cleaned it up real good. and it's beautiful..

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm getting confused by these printing error discs that I find. First I found that Weird Al album with the wrong cover, now my Part 1+2 disc of Macross Plus has the Movie Edition label, but it's certainly the right disc. Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only picked up one thing at the flea market this morning. I got a View Master Interactive Vision. It is a game type thing that uses VCR tapes that are somehow interactive. I got 2 tapes for it, both Sesame Street things, but it doesn't have the controller. Of course I didn't realize this until I got home, but oh well, it was only five bucks.

JY

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Stuff on the right is previously listed find stuff I hadn't taken a pic of. The LOTR game I hadn't seen before. It is a CD-rom interactive movie type of game, new/sealed, and was 2.80. Starcraft things were 1.80 each, pokemon games 5.80 each, and the SFII tiger game was 1.40. Bought the tape so I could test the talkboy (got rid of all my cassettes a long while ago), .60 and 2.80.

Got lucky on CL yesterday. Caught an ad for this lot within about 30 minutes of it being posted. By the time I got there (30 min away) the woman had had tons of emails about it. Paid the asking $35.

Picked up the router for 10 bucks at a garage sale, and it is now running dd-wrt and will replace my wrt54gs. My wife picked up the ornament today and it is an early xmas gift, I guess.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had that router for a day, and the range was abysmal. Only reason we bought it was because my parents needed MORE range, so it went right back. I'd like to hear how it works for you, especially running the alternate firmware.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I had that router for a day, and the range was abysmal. Only reason we bought it was because my parents needed MORE range, so it went right back. I'd like to hear how it works for you, especially running the alternate firmware.
    If you weren't using wireless-N only, the range probably wouldn't be much different.

haven't tested much yet, but what I've read says that the factory firmware has it transmit at ~20 mW. dd-wrt allows the setting to go anywhere from 0-251 mW, and defaults to 70. Supposedly it runs cooler, too. People have seemed to have very good luck once they switch the firmware. We don't really use the wireless a lot, but the dd-wrt firmware has made several of my routers go from unusable to rock-solid, probably because of P2P stuff, which a lot of default firmware doesn't deal with very well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Stuff I picked up during the week

Shenmue 2 - $3
    Chocobo dungeon - $15
    Lux-Pain - $10
    Mario & Luigi - $22
    Dokopan - $10

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    If you weren't using wireless-N only, the range probably wouldn't be much different.
    On N-Only mode, a Media Center Extender wouldn't even see it from a few rooms away. On mixed mode, a computer that connected fine on my old G router only got something like a 9% signal. We had better luck with this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up the following PS3 games for $25 (thats for all of them, not each)

Little Big Planet
    Transformers The Game
    and Monopoly

Putting me at 97 PS3 titles.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Market 10-11-09

Gyruss (Complete Except For Styrofoam Block) - $1

Meteos Disny Magic (Case And Manual Only) - .50
    Super Mario 64 (Case And Manual Only) - .50
    Yoshi's Island DS (Case And Manual Only) - .50

Got to the Flea Market really late today (about 11:30) and a good number of the sellers were gone or packing up. Gyruss was from a regular seller that only had this new with the rest of the NES games and the cases were from the same kid as last week. I needed the Yoshi's Island DS manual as it was the only game in my DS collection missing it's manual.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well spent $30 today and now I need to get ready for the drought that is sure to come after this bad ass weekend.

All the in box games have no manuals but the boxes have the original cellophane so the they are some of the nicest I have ever seen. It all averages up to $3.75 apiece but they were really $2~$5 apiece (It all happened so fast, I don't remember what was what now.)