Thread: Super Street Fighter IV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome addition of Ibuki! Always did enjoy her.

but Dudley? O.o

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Skullorama... Skullorama... Skullorama!
    Hey, SFIV pretty much merged the regular and EX series. It could happen.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Skullorama... Skullorama... Skullorama!
    Hey, SFIV pretty much merged the regular and EX series. It could happen.
    Don't you mean SkulloMANIA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Video of Dudley vs Sagat:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/s...ag=videos;hd;1

Makoto vs. Ibuki

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...lay-movie?hd=1

My take:

- Dudley's voice should be deeper...shouldn't it? o_O
    - Speaking of voices, I can't stand Makoto's screaming when she gets hit
    - Cross Counter is going to be pretty nasty.
    - Ibuki's Kunai ultra looks awesome. I have a feeling she'll be top tier...she's so damn quick and seems like she has a ton of options.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youruglyclone View Post
    Don't you mean SkulloMANIA?
    Doh! I think that's what I usually called him... Haven't played an EX title for a long time. I always remember the battering ram-like body-launched headbutt move. Hence, Skull-o-rama.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post
    Awesome addition of Ibuki! Always did enjoy her.

but Dudley? O.o
    Dudley is a genuine BEAST in third strike, my friend, and a player favorite. I'm excited to see high level Dudley vs. Balrog play, if only to satisfy my inner nerd. I hope he's as fun as he is in 3S. If so, I'll be picking him up.

Looking forward to this more than any other game this year. I'm interested to see what they did with my mains Blanka and Chun Li: I'll be happy if they give Blanka an Ultra that links a bit easier than his vanilla SFIV Ultra, and if they fixed Chun's Ultra 1 so it doesn't throw your opponent out of the move if you hit them when they're in a juggle state. I hate that.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nirvana: Random select money matches vs Floe don't count =P if you beat his Sagat then yes, lol

This game is going to piss people off. People don't realize how nice they had it in SF4....balance is going to FUNNN in this one...wheeee
    Last edited by DreamTR; 02-17-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Nirvana: Random select money matches vs Floe don't count =P if you beat his Sagat then yes, lol

This game is going to piss people off. People don't realize how nice they had it in SF4....balance is going to FUNNN in this one...wheeee
    What makes you think that? Were you at one of the hands on events? I'm not defending the game (I haven't touched it and know nothing), I'm just curious, especially with the game being at Evo this year.

Nirvana, are you going to be at the tournament this Saturday in Chicago? Failing that, will you be at Midwest Championship in May?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No Sean
    Last edited by MarioMania; 02-17-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

This game could be sweet, but somehow I doubt it'll get anywhere near as much play from my crew as it would have if Tatsunoko vs Capcom hadn't already come out.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GBoobie: All everyone has done about SF4 is complain about it needing to be rebalanced and "their" characters needing more stuff done to them. I've been playing SF competitively since 1991 and this is definitely the most balanced of the SF games sans ST. People don't know how good they have it when it's already decent sans making Guile and Vega's Ultras useful. When you add more characters to the mix and a new system, something is bound to happen to to characters probably becoming unusable. Look at CVS2 and MVC2. Those games have a plethora of characters but only 8 or so are used in tournament play.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad by any means, I am merely referring to the balance being changed not to what everyone thinks they are going to like.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

They really need to get Alex in there. He was by far the most interesting new character in SF3. Makoto is lame.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro View Post
    They really need to get Alex in there. He was by far the most interesting new character in SF3.

--Zero
    Man, I would love to see Alex back!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

They really need to get Alex in there. He was by far the most interesting new character in SF3. Makoto is lame.
    SRSLY. But then again, they put him in TvC and that other one that no one likes... which is all the more reason to put him here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

--Zero
    Alex is easily the dullest Street Fighter III character. He's blandly designed, devoid of personality, and not all that fun to play when compared to the rest of the cast.

Besides, he's in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

--Zero
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

GBoobie: All everyone has done about SF4 is complain about it needing to be rebalanced and "their" characters needing more stuff done to them. I've been playing SF competitively since 1991 and this is definitely the most balanced of the SF games sans ST. People don't know how good they have it when it's already decent sans making Guile and Vega's Ultras useful. When you add more characters to the mix and a new system, something is bound to happen to to characters probably becoming unusable. Look at CVS2 and MVC2. Those games have a plethora of characters but only 8 or so are used in tournament play.

I'm not saying the game is going to be bad by any means, I am merely referring to the balance being changed not to what everyone thinks they are going to like.
    I will agree that anyone complaining about SF4 Sagat being broken has never played anyone half decent with Sagat in CvS2 :P There is some stupid shit in SF4 I'd like them to tweak up, though, like that ridiculous double roundhouse combo of Sagat's, or the fact that links are both a pain in the ass and really, really good. I dunno, Capcom has a trend of improving on the first iteration of a game, so I'm expecting Super to be a sweet enough game.

But what is this ST balanced nonsense? I've always felt that game has had awful balance that people overlooked because it was damn fun anyway. I mean, consider those numerous matches where Fei Long, or Cammy, or Gief, or even Honda couldn't do shit vs matches they straight up dominate(well, in Honda's case). To say nothing of Akuma!

I'm looking to attend MWC as well; now that I have a car that can make that drive. It should provide an excellent chance to go job hunting too...
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought there going to be 10 added characters

the Wiki says 8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Ah. I think you're probably right, but I expected that. Any fighting game with that many characters is going to have it's balance issues, and SFIV is fairly well balanced across the board, but I'm taking a wait and see approach. TvC UAS is pretty well balanced, which might be a first for a Vs. series game... Maybe they can do it right in SSFIV.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I'm looking to attend MWC as well; now that I have a car that can make that drive. It should provide an excellent chance to go job hunting too...
    We should get some games in before that.

Nirvana: Yes, we've played a few Cammy vs. Blanka matches long long ago, but a look at my XBL friends list shows that we're not friends anymore. I must have made an impression. Hit me up on Live if you're interested, gamer tag "Geoffvdl". Or, if you can get up here on any given Saturday, come to a GRAPSF.com meetup. Local play beats online anyday. (You too, ubersaurus).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ecko84

Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post

I can't say that SF4 is the most balanced game thus far. I could say that Third Strike (SF3:3S) is possibly in a level higher than SF4 due to the many factors of the game, including footies, mindgames, character balance (yes, any character can beat any character- you just have to play smart and learn the matchups inside and out just like almost every 2D fighting game out there...)

The reason why I literaly stopped playing SF4 was to play a game that you can learn so much more than just chain pokes to moves all day, which with most characters in SF4 that's what in most cases start a good portion of the entire chracter list to a decent combo string for at least 25-30% damage with a certain amount of buffering included.

Example: you can start Gief's combos w/o doing a fierce splash, and just drop w/ a crossover knee short, then do a couple of crouched jabs, stand for a jab, short, then EX Vanishing Flat for about a good 30-32% energy. Aside from that, I wasn't that serious with the game to begin with, but I still play it to learn the matches. This is why I
    chose Gief among every other character: he FEELS like his combos are almost the same in Alpha 3 in a way without the custom combo inputs.

Alex is easily the dullest Street Fighter III character. He's blandly designed, devoid of personality, and not all that fun to play when compared to the rest of the cast.

Besides, he's in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
    I doubt it. A good leveled Alex can face almost anyone in the entire char list in terms of 3S and even in TvC, but there will always be ways people can avoid his mind game/bomb/block stun setups that'll make it harder for him to come close.
    In this case, in 3s, Chun, Makoto, and even Ibuki give Alex the most hardest matchups thus far. In TvC, he can face up to a good portion of the entire char list as well as give
    the big titan chars a run when you can just stun gun headbutt on them for a free combo or reset. Not bad for a guy that can hold his own without a fireball, eh?

In terms of style and depth, he's a well balanced character with good stun ability
    a chance for people to have him as a staple while learning other characters. And besides, I've played Alex since the first installment back in '97, while learning how to play the older games with mid tier characters.

Until then I look forward how Mecha Z and other people (Cody, Adon, T.Hawk, aka the Alpha 3 Mob) will fare up. All I know is with Gief/Akuma matches, Gief dominated it 8-2 thanks to his Siberian Blizzard Anti Air special, and that's a plus..About time they made him more feared to those that love to fly the undfriendly skies...
    Year of the RED CYCLONE!
    Street Fighter 4 = Zangief's Piledriving you to another level of Canvas! Bolshoi Tavieda!
    Sponsored by Team W.A.I [Flushing,NY]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now, generally who gives a shit about the street fighter story right, but something really bothered me in SF IV.

Dan(you know, one of the crappiest char ever made)is suppose to be Sakura's Sensei, is this some kind of joke or were the devs high when they wrote that?

Dan Sakura's master, what an insult, not to mention it makes no sense what so ever(they have completely different styles, lol if you can even call what Dan does, a Style).

To DreamTR: Oh ok.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 03-11-2010 at 02:53 AM.