Thread: PS1 Pro Action Replay question

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PS1 Pro Action Replay question

Hi, Ive come across an action replay cartridge for the PS1 expansion port and I was wondering if anyone has any info on it. Its labelled "Pro Action Replay" and in a transparent green case rather than the usual grey box of the first PS1 action replay cart. Although I think action replay carts were made in the UK, it has an orange sticker on it with spelling mistakes which you'd normally expect from an asian import. The orange sticker has the following text "NEW VERSION - NO DAMAGE MACHINE - NO CIRCUIT JUMP - CAN PLAY ALI J & U/C GAMES - MOVIE DEMO FUNCTION". I assumed "ALI J & U/C GAMES" meant it could play all japanese and US games, especially as it also seemed to say that no hardware alterations were needed when none are for a simple cheat cartridge anyway. However, on the UK playstations Ive tested it on it doesn't allow import games to be played, although strangely its screen is in black and white which happens when an NTSC signal is displayed on a PAL TV, and all the cheats are for Japanese games only. Is this cart supposed to allow import games to be played and Im not using an early enough version of the playstation, or have I misinterpreted the text?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did it have a starburst in the upper corner with the words "YOU BUY NOW!!" printed inside? I'm not an Action Replay expert by any means, but that totally sounds like a pirate!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The orange sticker is oval with a kind of star burst design on the edge, but no separate star burst sticker. Apart from the label the cart looks legit, its the right shape and size for an action replay cart and has a port at the back for downloading new cheats. The pro action replay label is in orange,blue and yellow, there is also the text "POWER REPLAY This is not an official Sony product" moulded in the plastic on the back.