Thread: Think I got my hands on a few Genesis protos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, I'm so glad to see these still exist. I've had a minor obsession with Bean Ball Benny ever since I came across a trade show flyer for it on eBay, it's just so damned weird that I couldn't help but fall in love with the concept. Thanks a ton for the screenshots, I'd love to see these in action though. Do you have a way to record video, or are you considering going to the Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas this summer? Or heck, are you anywhere near San Francisco? Maybe we can have a get-together and play these.

Sorry that you accidentally stirred up a bunch of forums drama, my advice to you as someone who has been dealing with this stuff for about a decade (and stirred up a lot of this drama myself!) is to just ignore it all for a couple months to let things cool down before deciding what you want to do.

Either way, again, it's great news knowing these are still around. I've always wanted to know more about these NuVision games, and even if all I've got are these new screenshots, it's more than I had before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye View Post
    Wow, I'm so glad to see these still exist. I've had a minor obsession with Bean Ball Benny ever since I came across a trade show flyer for it on eBay, it's just so damned weird that I couldn't help but fall in love with the concept. Thanks a ton for the screenshots, I'd love to see these in action though. Do you have a way to record video, or are you considering going to the Classic Gaming Expo in Vegas this summer? Or heck, are you anywhere near San Francisco? Maybe we can have a get-together and play these.

Sorry that you accidentally stirred up a bunch of forums drama, my advice to you as someone who has been dealing with this stuff for about a decade (and stirred up a lot of this drama myself!) is to just ignore it all for a couple months to let things cool down before deciding what you want to do.

Either way, again, it's great news knowing these are still around. I've always wanted to know more about these NuVision games, and even if all I've got are these new screenshots, it's more than I had before.
    Well said my good man. I will say that expect most, if not all of the drama to be done with now that Mr. Obscure has taken a permanent vacation (Thank you mods!). I think the focus will be redirected at how cool of a find this is. How often are two highly publicized unreleased prototypes found, let alone found together? This is the stuff I live for, and I'm not even a big Genesis guy.

Frank, have you ever seen either of these titles in action (maybe at old trade shows)? I'm wondering if anyone remembers seeing these two in action at CES back in the day. The only information I've been able to find pretty much all came from some old post of yours. Were there any other NuVision games in development, or are these the final two?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, I wasn't old enough to get into CES twenty years ago, so I've never seen this stuff in action. EGM ran a preview of Swamp Thing from CES (Winter 1990 I think?), which is the only info I've seen on it, and all the Bean Ball Benny info online prior to this thread came from the CES flyer I bought on eBay years ago.

Nuvision only released Bimini Run, but to answer your question yes, they did announce one other game, based on the Guardian Angels. I don't know if any actual work was done on it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man, a Guardian Angels game would have been SO badass! I wonder how far along they got with that one. I would think there would be plenty of red tape with a title of that nature. Thanks for the info dude.