Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2010 Finds

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't care for Metallica either, but I absolutely love it when electro-industrial bands cover their stuff. See Apoptygma Berzerk's Fade to Black (better than the original IMO).

Hey Kitsune, does the X-Files guide have the password to Scully's laptop? That's been bothering me for years...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    As for The Blackest Album, that pretty much is industrial. The old industrial -- artists like Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, Einsturzende Neubauten, and to a lesser extent, Skinny Puppy -- that stuff's been dead and buried for a while (despite the new releases from SP, since it's not the same thing anymore). Industrial has been, for the better part of 10 years, 4/4 electronic music with (primarily) male vocals. I like both styles, but they're certainly not the same thing. They just fall under the same umbrella genre title.
    i dunno, there's still some bands out there today like that (like In Slaughter Natives and Karjalan Sissit) but it's hard to dig through with all the EBM bands getting the Industrial tag.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I don't care for Metallica either, but I absolutely love it when electro-industrial bands cover their stuff. See Apoptygma Berzerk's Fade to Black (better than the original IMO).

Hey Kitsune, does the X-Files guide have the password to Scully's laptop? That's been bothering me for years...
    I've been listening to the album and it's kinda growing on me. There's some neat stuff in there.

As for the password, you mean the laptop in Scully's hotel room at the start, right? I haven't made it too far into the game, so I checked the book and it doesn't seem to mention anything about that in that section.

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    i dunno, there's still some bands out there today like that (like In Slaughter Natives and Karjalan Sissit) but it's hard to dig through with all the EBM bands getting the Industrial tag.
    I still don't think this is Industrial at all. It feels more trance / techno / electronic than Industrial, but I'm not a music nerd like you guys. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Electronic music with industrial influence, that isn't quite industrial and isn't quite EBM - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurepop

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

I found Final Fight, Final Fight 2 and Killer Instinct Gold @ Goodwill for $3.99. I picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes from Amazon and SMT: DDS2 at a local store.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    Lately at Goodwill Computer Works, prices have been rising. Last year it was a pretty decent place to find deals on lesser known rare items. Everything was reasonably priced. At some point someone who works there must have started visiting some online rarity guides. It would suddenly explain the rise in price of obscure and oddball titles that the average person wouldn't be looking for. Once they began to put rare titles behind the glass and jacked up prices, it caught my attention. Titles I hadn't normally been aware of, now caught my eye. When I realized that these prices were actually higher than eBay, I became weary of the store. I was duped into thinking something was worth a bit more than it was, because their prices had been really fair before.
    Oh damn, I hope mine hasn't gotten like that. I have been to it in a few weeks at least. Mine's usually the same, with oddball stuff and fair prices.

Anyway I'll often bring my laptop along with me, and check eBay in the parking lot before buying some of the stuff.
    Same for me, except I can look stuff up on my phone, right in front of the employees without them knowing .

Anyway sorry about the long story. But Goodwill Computer Works has been bugging me lately.
    Oh, the store bugs me a lot. Every time I've been in there I've seen people walk in asking to donate computers, most of them fairly new. In fact, a lot of things bugs me about Goodwill Computer Works. Have you ever noticed how they charge basically new computer price for 3-5 year old used computers? How about how they charge $20 per laptop charger, regardless of brand or age? How about how they charge people per pound to take their old CRT monitors? Yeah, they actually charge people money to take something. Don't get me started on some other things they do. The manager at my GCW actually bids against people in their weekly auctions. His excuse: "That shouldn't sell at such a low price." Heh, I'd hate the Goodwill Computer Works if it weren't for the occasional deal I find over there.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamedude45's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Itachi241
    PSN
    Itachi241
    3DS Friend
    0259-0445-4822

I've been sick for awhile so these are my first finds this month.

I got these psp's on Saturday for $20.

The one in the bag is a 1001 model and it was doa but I had another 1001 that I needed parts for so I got what I needed out of the broken one to fix the one I already had.

The slim is in rough shape but with a little work (and replacement parts) I think I can fix it up.

All this is stuff I found at my local thrift store today.

The strategy guides were 30 cents apiece.

Fatal Frame was $5

Sewer Shark (Not For Resale) was $3 (I didn't like spending that much on it but it was the one thing my boxed sega cd was missing when I bought it )

and Army of Darkness was $1

Nothing great but hopfully now that i'm feeling better i'll be able to get out more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked this junk up off of Craigslist today:

I'm pretty surprised that somebody around here would even own that!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

noz more
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-14-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smashed
    that modded snes you got from me will come in handy now

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there was ever a game that needs to be on the Virtual Console, Terranigma is it. But then again, Nintendo seems to have been giving us the finger with respect to the Virtual Console lately.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    If there was ever a game that needs to be on the Virtual Console, Terranigma is it. But then again, Nintendo seems to have been giving us the finger with respect to the Virtual Console lately.
    Just download the ROM instead of paying Nintendo for a download and getting nothing out of it.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*sigh* I was coming to post a good find off eBay but Unplugged just completely blew it out of the water. Forget it

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    *sigh* I was coming to post a good find off eBay but Unplugged just completely blew it out of the water. Forget it
    That's no way to be! What'd you get?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Yeah, we want to know!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

noz more
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-14-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    Smashed
    that modded snes you got from me will come in handy now
    I just got done playing for a little bit...works beautifully, man!

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NIB Atari Lynx with 18 NIB games for $80 shipped. They were being sold by a game liquidation place about an hour away from me on eBay. They often have great deals for Atari games.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Story time, kids.

I was at the Goodwill lot sale again today. They had a crate chock full of old records. Apparently a mom & pop music store had closed down and donated all their leftover stock to them. Goodwill thought that these records weren't worth selling at their normal stores so they were here.

There were a TON of them, like 200-300 . I looked through some of them and pulled out a stack of interesting looking records and brand new ones. The records were like a 90% country and 10% everthing else mix. Most of the music was 60s-80s stuff. I culled through the albums I had, getting the ones worth buying (Thank God for being able to look up stuff on eBay with my phone) I got Jerry Lee Lewis Keeps Rockin', White Mansions A Tale from the American Civil War 1861-1865, and Janis Ian's self titled album from 1978, all brand new in the original shrinkwrap. I also got a promo Dolly Parton album (the entire record is pink vinyl ), Switched on Nashville (a collection of country music played on Moog synthesizers. How could I not buy it?) and 96 Tears by Question Mark & the Mysterians, all opened but in good shape. Question Mark & the Mysterians are a garage band from the 60s, and their only hit was "96 Tears". I didn't know who they were but it seems that the album I got of theirs is probably worth $40-50 on eBay. "96 Tears" isn't too bad a song either. The promo Dolly Parton album is worth like $20, the civil war album should be worth the same, and the rest (excluding Switched on Moog) are worth like $10-15. Lastly I got a set of 4 Hank Williams records made of a reddish-brown vinyl, a set put out by the Franklin Mint. They're supposed to be archival quality records, and i have no idea of their value. All of the records were $1 a piece. There was a guy at the sale that I know and he knows a lot about records. He was still looking when we left but he insisted that most of the stuff was junk. Something tells me he got some valuable records as well since he had a big stack of them set aside. I don't know what to think of him, he insisted that my Question Mark & the Mysterions record was the best of all the records there and that it was worth $100, though eBay says otherwise.

That's really it, I got some cables and adapters and things from the sale as well, but nothing really interesting or worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 05-13-2010 at 05:29 PM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Switched on Nashville (a collection of country music played on Moog synthesizers. How could I not buy it?)
    OFFICIAL KITSUNE SNIPER FIND SEAL OF APPROVAL.

All I bought today were six empty DVD cases for a buck, and a Mad Magazine special (lots of comic parodies) for $1. The booth where I found the DVD cases had literally about 300 cases out there. o_O I may go back for more tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic