Cool to know you're showing up, Brett, I must have missed your table last year. It is funny considering the age of the people showing up that they'd be so interested. Granted, I was born in the late 80's so I'm not one to talk. But I started with the Apple II, Atari 7800, and NES at least (didn't get an SNES until Christmas of 1994). I think the AVGN goes a long way towards getting the SGC attendees interested in the retro side of things, as juvenile as his videos can be they also provide an interesting retrospective from time to time.

98PaceCar, they posted part of the schedule of events for the show this year and I feel some of the same concerns arising. Not to talk too negatively about it since it should still be a blast for console/arcade gamers, but it would be great to have a show in the DFW area that was more like the OGVE (at least from what I've seen). Texas Pinball Festival was pretty chill, I hope the arcade situation at SGC does improve this year so we can play some good pinball there as well.

All in all I'm excited that Mad Gear will be showing up and there's at least the promise of "more arcades". $40 for a "freeplay weekend" is good stuff as long as the selection is nice. GPX did a great job with the console gaming area last year, the only big problem being the lack of CRTs. I doubt that will change at all, which is a shame for the older systems. I wonder if I took a Sony PVM with a Genesis/Saturn hooked up via RGB if they'd change their mind and try to haul a few for next time, lol...