Thread: July 2010 Finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    $9.50 at a half priced books way out of town. Just made a topic about it. God I hope this is real and not a resealed copy.

Looks like resealed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    StomachEarth

Wow. Allyourblood, that is quite a haul! Congrats!

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! Like I said, that was actually from last month, so I cheated a bit by posting in the July thread, but I've been lagging on getting some photos taken until today. Here are my proper finds from this past weekend. As always, click the pics for full-size.

Silent Hill 2 Official Strategy Guide
    Silent Hill 3 Official Strategy Guide, $3 for both

These were originally $2 each, along with an Onimusha 3 guide, which I left behind. There were also a bunch of games at this sale, and a couple Blu-rays, but nothing I was interested in. The SH games themselves, unfortunately had been sold off long ago. I think I've already got the SH2 guide, but the SH3 guide is my first, and I couldn't be happier.

Steel Battalion controller, $5

This is my second Steel Battalion controller. I think my other one has blue buttons, so this one's a little different. Unfortunately, this one is missing the little screws that hold the 3 blocks in place; when sitting on a table, everything stays together, but you can't pick it up all in one piece very easily. It is also missing the little flap that goes over the Eject button. I have no idea where my Steel Battalion disc is, so I can't test this right now, but it looks to be in okay shape.

PS3 Little Big Planet (complete), $13
    PS2 Silent Hill 2 (complete), $2

LBP was originally $15. Seller said yes to $13 so fast, I wish I'd gone lower. Oh well, still seems like a good price. I mostly got this one for my wife, as she dabbles in all sorts of design, and I thought she might get a kick out of it. I popped it in and it seems okay.

SH2 came from a stack of PS2 games, 90% of which were sports. Now I just need SH2 Greatest Hits and I'll have every US PSX/PS2/XB entry of the first 4 games in the series.

NES Jaws, 1943, Adventures of Bayou Billy, Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers, Captain Skyhawk, Track & Field, Destination Earth Star, Donkey Kong Classics, Dr. Mario, Home Alone, Super Mario Bros. 3, Laser Invasion, Tecmo Super Bowl, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Time Lord, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Top Gun, 3 sleeves, $15 for all

NES Rescue: The Embassy Mission, Simpsons: Bart vs. the World, Super Spy Hunter, Star Tropics, Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland, The Untouchables, 3 sleeves, $10 for all

NES Total Recall
    GG Tempo Jr., $5 for both

I only needed a handful of those NES games in the first bunch, but the seller said they were $5 a piece unless I took all of them. I asked how much the whole pile was and he said $15. WHATEVER.

GEN Evander Holyfield Boxing, Power Rangers, X-Men, $1.50 for all

PSX NFL GameDay 2000, Final Fantasy VIII (missing discs 3 & 4; all were in the same case), $1

XB Star Wars Battlefront II (disc only), $1

PSX Vagrant Story (missing manual and demo disc)
    PSX Resident Evil 2 (missing manual), $7 for both

NES AC adapter
    GEN Genesis (Model 2/3) RF adapter, $3 for both

Lexicon LDD-1 AC-3/RF Demodulator, $8

Finally. FINALLY. I have been searching for an LD RF demodulator for ages. If any of you know what this does, you know people aren't exactly giving them away. Except for this one! Plugged it in, works like a dream, and despite the flash in my photo bringing out some flaws in the surface, it's in wonderful condition.
    Last edited by allyourblood; 07-06-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was in Ohio for about a week visiting family. My cousin up there just graduated from high school. That makes the whole current generation family high school graduates! But yeah, I have some Genesis finds:

Power Base Converter: $20
    Separation Anxiety: $2.50
    Light Crusader: $5
    Vectorman 2: $2.50
    6-button controller (late model, looks like 3-button controller... non-working): $1
    Wonder Boy 3 - Dragon's Trap: $12

All from a few game/movie shops in Lakewood.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't usually see these in the wild:

Atari XEGS with keyboard
    +
    Hardball
    Bug Hunt
    Flight Sim 2
    Barnyard Blaster
    Food Fight
    Ace of Aces
    Blue Max
    Rescue On Fractalus

Works great. Tested the ram, all good, nice clean unit - only $9.99 for everything at Value Village.
    Last edited by Atarileaf; 08-15-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Quote Originally Posted by ScourDX View Post
    Looks like resealed.
    factory sealed games dont got the melted plastic on the corners
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was finally able to put my hands on one of my grails.

The games are Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Warriors of Fate.
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MarriottGuy

@98PaceCar That is some serious hardware goodness!! Congrats D on finally tracking down one of the most elusive beasts out there!! You da man!!

Terry
    Terry | Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library | http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I again found myself driving my mom down to visit a friend in Waco today, so I ended up going seriously out of my way on the way back and hit some thrift stores and retro game stores.

Now that I've stopped ignoring SNES games in the wild the few times I come across them, I'm finding them all the time. Two of those PS1 memory cards seem to be all Japanese on the backs, so I'd say they were imports. The Sega Master System 3D glasses were bought at a Console Game Exchange in Temple for $17.95, the Dreamcast joystick/trackball combo was $6.95 at the FX Game Exchange in Waco, and the Sega titles all came from a Games N' Things store also in Waco. Man, I spent a lot of time in a car searching for thrifts that went out of business years ago but Google Maps hasn't been updated with that info. And searching took so long that all the thrifts I knew were still there were closed by the time I got to them. Ah well, I'll just have to hit them when I drive back and pick my mom up.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What DreamCast games use the trackball? I know a guy who has (I think) that same joystick for PC, which he absolutely swears by to play UT99 with, and I never knew about a DC version until I saw that.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Fatalstar64's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Fatalstar64

Got myself quite the haul today NES with 2 controllers and zap gun along with 69 games $65. So I have more of a NES collection then my SNES collection without even trying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    What DreamCast games use the trackball? I know a guy who has (I think) that same joystick for PC, which he absolutely swears by to play UT99 with, and I never knew about a DC version until I saw that.
    This one didn't have the box, but earlier in the day another game store had a boxed one and it said only Quake III, Unreal Tournament, Starlancer, and one other I can't recall were compatible. It's one of the reasons I didn't buy it back in the day, since it only works with four games.