Thread: The Brutal (Legend) Thread!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

I played the demo before shipping out my 360 to its new owner. Loved the demo. When I get a new console down the road say a ps3 probably I will get this!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the demo last night and I can't say I'm blown away. The cinematics are great, and the writing made me smile the whole time, but the gameplay just feels "rigid." We've only had 3rd person 3D action games for a decade and a half, but I've come to expect more fluid controls and motion. Driving is fun and well-executed, it's just the on-foot part that seems sloppy.

I did like the later-Zelda vibe it has, with the guitar solos and all. It really brings to mind Zelda with gore and slightly rigid controls. Overall, I like the concept, and I'll probably get it used down the line.

That said, I love Tim Schafer's earlier stuff. I can't help but imagine Hoagie in place of Eddie, but that's probably just me. I'm still holding out for a continuation of Maniac Mansion.

I too am among the Jack Black haters, but meh, this is acceptable. If I didn't know it was him, I'd probably like it even more.

I'm also not much of a metal person, but again, it works here.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Stopped playing Saboteur for a little bit to play the other game I've purchased recently.

I actually bought this game because I loved the demo. Right now I'm a little over 50% completion and I've been trying to like the game because the storyline is really good. Playing past the first part it's exactly the same as what you get on the demo, and then you get to the world, it's like, okay. The more I play the more I dislike about it. The storyline is enjoyable and some parts I like about it, but the overworld gameplay and rock concerts or anything dealing with telling your allies where to go is crap.

I think if they got rid of the overworld and made it just the storyline and level based, giving it the feel of the demo all the way through then it would have been a great game. It seems that they tried to do so much with the game and it just really falls flat and really not being a good game at all.

One thing I have to say is it does have an amazing soundtrack though. Pretty lame that you have to restore 120 hidden dragon god statues to unlock the music. At the beginning of the game you have a whole 10 songs that it flips through and you'll be hearing the same stuff over and over.

Anyways. Game had tons of potential but overall it sucks. I'm not too upset about it because I only spent $15 on it, but it does suck that I played such an enjoyable demo and the full game turns out to be crap. Other than that, I'll still be finishing it because I enjoy the story, and the twist in the middle of the game makes me interested in seeing what happens later.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Story is definitely great, as is the music in it. The overworld got tedious a bit, but I enjoyed it. The rock concerts were the only thing that REALLY bugged me.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked it, and I hate heavy metal.

The main quest was cool, the missions were redundant, similar to Assassin's Creed. Like Assassin's Creed I felt it left a lot of potential for a sequel, assuming they made the gameplay adjustments needed. No sign of a sequel that I have seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought it on clearance, never could get into it, the gameplay just didnt appeal to me at all.